Renewal Help: “Immigration Thailand Re-entry Permit.“

I'm 70, got my “Non-IMM“/“Immigration Thailand Re-entry Permit.“ stamp (printed in passport) in June (good for a year inside the country with in-country renewals every 3 months), had my first renewal on August 30th at BKK immigration, and now have to do my second renewal. This one requires information apparently about my activities in that last 3 month period, if I understand it. (Ive been inside Thailand for 9 months.)

What do I bring or provide to BKK Immigration? I would like to do it all with one visit. Thanks much!

I think what you need to do is a report of being more than 90 days in Thailand on an extension of stay on the basis of retirement. This is nothing to do with a re-entry permit (though make sure you also have one of those in case you want to exit and return to Thailand).

Most likely, you can do the 90-day report online. There is a looong thread on the subject https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/812263-online-90-day-reporting-available-from-april-1st/. If it is convenient, and you do not want to fight the computer system, doing the report in person at the immigration office is very simple (and free). You will need to complete a very simple TM47 form (available at https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=407988 if you wish to complete it in advance). You are given a receipt.

• Like 1

If you don't mind checking my understanding...

I just go in for one fairly quick 3 month renewal, and be done. All they require is a TM47. The TM47 seems just to want to know when I got here and where I'm staying. (I haven't been out of Thailand since I got here 9 months ago.)

Thanks again for the help. I want to get it right because Ive been fairly sick and want to keep it simple. (Dont want to take chances with the mail route at the moment, though thanks.)

Edited by dblaisde

You are doing a ninety-day report, not a renewal.  Your renewal comes each year when you extend your extension of stay. Don't confuse the ninety-day report with your permission to stay. Getting those two mixed up could cause you to overstay inadvertently since a ninety-day report date could fall after your yearly permission to stay has expired.

• Like 1

Thanks on that. I get the terminology screwed up, but I'm aware of the difference. I just wanted to make sure that one trip to the immigration office tomorrow with only a  TM47 will make them happy. Consensus here says yes so Ill go tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by dblaisde

Unfortunately I can't help with the OP's question, but I have one in a similar vein.

I've done three 90 day reports and have not used the re-entry permit I got a few months ago with the 2nd 90 day.

Next is another retirement extension of stay renewal, does that invalidate the re-entry permit?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

1 hour ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Unfortunately I can't help with the OP's question, but I have one in a similar vein.

I've done three 90 day reports and have not used the re-entry permit I got a few months ago with the 2nd 90 day.

Next is another retirement extension of stay renewal, does that invalidate the re-entry permit?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Yes, when you get a further extension of stay, the original re-entry permit, tied to the old permission to stay, is no longer valid. If you expect to leave and return to Thailand, get a new re-entry permit following the further extension of stay. Note that, if unsure whether you will travel outside Thailand in the next year, you can always get the re-entry permit when leaving Thailand through an airport. Just make sure you do not forget!

• Thanks 1