Hutch Broadband In Pattaya?

hucus

I'm considering a Hutch cmda2000 "broadband" modem.

Have anybody any experience with it in East Pattaya?

A lady in their shop told me that there is no signal in East Pattaya (soi Siam CC).

That sounds strange to me. If they selling Hutch phones in the city there should be good signal around the city.

Edited by hucus

A lady in their shop told me that there is no signal in East Pattaya (soi Siam CC).

That sounds strange to me. If they selling Hutch phones in the city there should be good signal around the city.

I think you should listen to the sales lady. Hutch is only a slight bit better than GPRS at best. Their coverage is very limited and not available at all most places. Maybe in a year or two it will be better. Get a decent class 10 cellphone and connect your computer with a cable or Bluetooth to GPRS. I think you will be disappointed with either system. You can check your email and do a bit of surfing but it WILL be slow.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you should listen to the sales lady. Hutch is only a slight bit better than GPRS at best. Their coverage is very limited and not available at all most places. Maybe in a year or two it will be better. Get a decent class 10 cellphone and connect your computer with a cable or Bluetooth to GPRS. I think you will be disappointed with either system. You can check your email and do a bit of surfing but it WILL be slow.

I bought Hutch for a friend of mine who live in Jomtien (he don't have a Thai driver licence to buy on his name).

It works exactly the same in Jomtien and 10km from Sukhomvit to the East. So the lady was wrong.

A bit better for websurfing then GPRS and much better for SSH (a it have better ping 300-400 and no packet loss).