On Nut BTS this morning Nov. 21st ???

BobTH

On 11/22/2017 at 8:21 PM, The Deerhunter said:

Some of us love it here but whinging is an important cerebral sport for those of us who do not like Dominos (except the pizza) Scrabble or playing cards.   555.

If it was the banter that you get with different things ---I wouldn't  have any problems Deerhunter I am a football nut & a Brit/Oz...so of course I want them to do well--usually they don't, so the good nature banter comes in  -

"What do you call an Englishman in the knockout stages of the World Cup? A referee".-----We all want them to do well--usually they don't-

This is not the case with most of the negative posters on here---they seem genuinely upset that Thailand is improving its living standards/infrastructure/& appeal to the rest of the world as a desirable destination . Every tourist figure that comes out is a conspiracy / yet not one link in all the years that I have been reading this stuff, to counter it.

If there is a family dispute and the man kills the woman---then its Thainess/or "only in Thailand" yer someone killing his wife--- it never happens in the west.

Lots of things I am not happy with here----more things that I was unhappy with in the west--hence that's why I am here.

On 11/22/2017 at 7:36 AM, InMyShadow said:

on nut is a farang ghetto. cheap soup cheap shoe box.

There is no no upside.

I heard this from a couple of expats before moving there. I think some expats think on nut is the cheap farang area but I disagree. Difference between cheap and value. The condos on 77 are well built and inexpensive. My condo has many Thai professional women and men living there. Close by are nice rooms that lease for 5000 to 7000 baht a month that some Thai working girls share. The talaats have great food for great prices that I cook myself. The Thai sellers are very nice and helpful. 

Frankly I am trying to figure out why some expats like yourself bad talk on nut. I have the exact opposite view of on nut as you. I think it is convenient great value and once the mall is complete a perfect place to live. 

Took a taxi to Swampy from on nut for total 160 baht and have yet to run into a taxi that refused the meter. 

Edited by Wake Up

5 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

I heard this from a couple of expats before moving there. I think some expats think on nut is the cheap farang area but I disagree. Difference between cheap and value. The condos on 77 are well built and inexpensive. My condo has many Thai professional women and men living there. Close by are nice rooms that lease for 5000 to 7000 baht a month that some Thai working girls share. The talaats have great food for great prices that I cook myself. The Thai sellers are very nice and helpful. 

Frankly I am trying to figure out why some expats like yourself bad talk on nut. I have the exact opposite view of on nut as you. I think it is convenient great value and once the mall is complete a perfect place to live. 

Took a taxi to Swampy from on nut for total 160 baht and have yet to run into a taxi that refused the meter. 

agree, my ex lives there, as you say a lot of local professionals live in the area, she works for BMW, so i spent quite a bit of time there, nice apartments, costs reasonable, good facilities, i dont understand the negativity

Google maps shows a 6km walk from the entrance of soi 77 to the bts

probably 8km from the condos down the soi

were you going to keep that a secret.

That's a bitch of a walk in monsoon season.. you get what you pay for

10 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Google maps shows a 6km walk from the entrance of soi 77 to the bts

probably 8km from the condos down the soi

were you going to keep that a secret.

That's a bitch of a walk in monsoon season.. you get what you pay for

I don’t use google maps but a very easy short walk from blocs 77 condos to bts and a pleasant one through a side street. If you can’t walk this short distance god help you my friend. But I don’t have to sell on nut to anyone or defend it.  For me it is perfect and I can live anywhere I want. I am sure your neighborhood is perfect for you.  But for the on nut haters I am glad I ignored their “expertise” and moved there. 

On 24/11/2017 at 7:48 AM, sanuk711 said:

If it was the banter that you get with different things ---I wouldn't  have any problems Deerhunter I am a football nut & a Brit/Oz...so of course I want them to do well--usually they don't, so the good nature banter comes in  -

"What do you call an Englishman in the knockout stages of the World Cup? A referee".-----We all want them to do well--usually they don't-

This is not the case with most of the negative posters on here---they seem genuinely upset that Thailand is improving its living standards/infrastructure/& appeal to the rest of the world as a desirable destination . Every tourist figure that comes out is a conspiracy / yet not one link in all the years that I have been reading this stuff, to counter it.

If there is a family dispute and the man kills the woman---then its Thainess/or "only in Thailand" yer someone killing his wife--- it never happens in the west.

Lots of things I am not happy with here----more things that I was unhappy with in the west--hence that's why I am here.

At risk of starting a riot......  am I allowed to say?   "Once a whinger always a whinger" or more likely that  for those people, "The grass on the others side of the fence always seems greener."  One of those surely describes me, I am sure!!!!! 

6 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

am I allowed to say?   "Once a whinger always a whinger"

yer -& maybe I am getting over sensitive about it Deerhunter--would love to see it done tongue in cheek or with at least some humour.....The Brits have some great humour....you just dont see it for some reason, when it comes to talking about Thailand

What do you call 10 Englishmen  in a basement? ...  A whine cellar......

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

yer -& maybe I am getting over sensitive about it Deerhunter--would love to see it done tongue in cheek or with at least some humour.....The Brits have some great humour....you just dont see it for some reason, when it comes to talking about Thailand

What do you call 10 Englishmen  in a basement? ...  A whine cellar......

Where I come from they are called Moaning Poms or Whinging Poms.