Relatively urgent - Need to legalize degree at Ministry of Foreign Affairs to get non-B visa?

Brief summary.

I am trying to get a non-B visa from my school. Apparently, there are some new requirements.

I went to the USA embassy to certify my degrees and have my affidavit form stamped. Now, I need to take my affidavit and degrees to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at the Department of Consular Affairs to get "certified" by a Thai office. This is apparently to certify the embassy stamp is valid. However, I read here that the MFA doesn't legalize documents issued outside Thailand. All I need is a stamp apparently. My school seems just as confused and rolling with the changes as well.

1. Is this MFA stamp needed to get a non-B visa and working permit, or is the USA embassy affidavit sufficient? Is this step necessary?

2. How long does it take to get a stamp at the office? It says Legalization takes 2 days, but will a stamp take shorter?

3. Is any translation needed?

4. What is the cost?

1. The MFA will only certify the consular officers signature. The will only legalize documents issued here.

2. It is 2 business days unless you get there early and pay for expedited same day service. Info is here http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/services/6441/71860-ขั้นตอนการรับรองนิติกรณ์เอกสาร---Legalization-Proc.html

3. No translation is needed if it is in English.

4. Normal 200 baht and express 400 baht.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1. The MFA will only certify the consular officers signature. The will only legalize documents issued here.

2. It is 2 business days unless you get there early and pay for expedited same day service. Info is here http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/services/6441/71860-ขั้นตอนการรับรองนิติกรณ์เอกสาร---Legalization-Proc.html

3. No translation is needed if it is in English.

4. Normal 200 baht and express 400 baht.

Excellent. Apparently it is mail service too? Or is it better to pick up?

20 minutes ago, thedan663 said:

If you pay for them to EMS it to you it will save another trip to the office. Very reliable service according to some reports.

On 11/22/2017 at 8:52 AM, thedan663 said:

I mailed in a doc to the MFA via EMS, including a Post-Office money-order for the cost of the certification plus the MFA's requested postage-charge for returning the docs by EMS.  All was done and back in a week for me, but I'd allow more time to be sure.