Thai Tourist Police vow crackdown on taxi drivers’ scams

webfact

Are they going to stop tourists attractions, like Dream World, Safari Park, some Golf Clubs and other major tourist attractions for charging foreign tourists’ double the entry price compared with Thais?

I think this reflects on the country's image as well, it is called discrimination?      

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Elkski said:

I had to get real agressive to get a cabbie to turn in the meter.  If you could turn in a video of a cabbie refusing to turn on the meter and he knew he would lose his permit for a year this problem would be fixed.  The cabbie who clicked the meter higher everyone I glanced away got a surprise when I paid him what I wanted and not the meter.   He saw in my eyes that he was going to bleed if he did a dam thing plus I grabbed the wire and said let's just call the police. 

Yeah, right.

23 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

In Bangkok they call that a ripoff, in Phuket we call it 50% discount on the standard fare.

I agree, the Phuket taxi's not having meters just shows that it isn't under control of the junta at all...same as Pattaya.

The RTP could hire 1000 farang "wanna-be-undercovers" who pose as tourists in the major metros of Thailand...the result could be quite a bash ! :post-4641-1156693976:

The taxi/tuk tuk unions (if existant) could also get involved and take up matters, if not they will plainly kill their own golden goose as flocks of tourists/expats/retirees will turn to UBER, GRAB etc.

Tourists should also be made aware with energetic nationwide campaigns on where to complain, assuming the authorities are really serious to improve the desastrous image the Thai taxis/tuk tuks are giving to their country.

But to defend the authorities, a part of the problem is also from naive westerners who never cease  comparing rates with their homelands and accept the ripoffs, by considering the cost cheaper then back home.

Edited by observer90210