Advice needed

Present I am a novice photographer, basically autofocus aim and click. Wish to take it up as a hobby and upgrade my camera while I have the opportunity here in Dubai.

There are sales on at the moment and the sales pitch of up to 40% reduced prices. I read recently that the NIKON D500 is a good solid camera, they are on offer here at around 49,000THB (body only 20.9MP) or DX format D500 with 16-80 mm f/2.8ED.VR lens for 71.300 THB.

Another deal ? is NIKON D7100 DSLR 24.1 MP with 18-140mm lens for 27.600 THB 

There is also NIKON D750 24.4 MP body only for 43,000 THB

Any members own or have knowledge of this kit and can give me some advice it would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

If you really want to use the camera wherever you go, I would advice to buy a mirrorless camera from Olympus or Panasonic. They are smaller and lighter, so you will not leave it on your room... I shot with Nikon for 20 years, but with the weight and size, I stopped using it. I have a Olympus OMD EM-10 now, and have several lenses to go with it. You can shoot i several automatic modes, or go totally manual. Weighs next to nothing compared to a DSLR...bring it almost anywhere. I mostly use a 9-18mm or a 40-150mm(my wife has the same camera, and uses the 14-150mm for mostly everything.) If price is not an issue, you can go for a OMD-1, and pro lenses...Expensive, but outstanding quality. These cams are mirrorless, so a 14-150mm are the equivalent to 28-300mm on a DSLR. I would advice the Olympus for photographing, and the Panasonic if you shoot more videos. Lenses in this M43 system are interchangeble, yo have 80+ lenses to choose from..Olympus also have the PEN series in M43, they are without the viewfinder(very handy to have in my opinion...) 

4 hours ago, Ro54 said:

If you really want to use the camera wherever you go, I would advice to buy a mirrorless camera from Olympus or Panasonic. They are smaller and lighter, so you will not leave it on your room... I shot with Nikon for 20 years, but with the weight and size, I stopped using it. I have a Olympus OMD EM-10 now, and have several lenses to go with it. You can shoot i several automatic modes, or go totally manual. Weighs next to nothing compared to a DSLR...bring it almost anywhere. I mostly use a 9-18mm or a 40-150mm(my wife has the same camera, and uses the 14-150mm for mostly everything.) If price is not an issue, you can go for a OMD-1, and pro lenses...Expensive, but outstanding quality. These cams are mirrorless, so a 14-150mm are the equivalent to 28-300mm on a DSLR. I would advice the Olympus for photographing, and the Panasonic if you shoot more videos. Lenses in this M43 system are interchangeble, yo have 80+ lenses to choose from..Olympus also have the PEN series in M43, they are without the viewfinder(very handy to have in my opinion...) 

Thank you Ro54 for taking the time to reply and your guidance is much appreciated. Definitely it will be taking into consideration before I buy my next camera, especially the size and weight comments, I ride a motorcycle so not a lot of extra room for luggage at times.

Archived