Dependant Visa

Hi my friend is obtaining her work permit and non B visa for her teaching position on Friday. She also has a 20 month old daughter ( she and her husband are both foreigners on valid visas here), she asked me about the visa for her daughter. Am i right in thinking she does not need to obtain a visa for her daughter until she reaches the age of 15 she can stay as her mother and father have valid visas?    

7 hours ago, Phuket Man said:

The daughter needs a visa.

If she does not have one she will overstay but will not be fined.

If one of the parents has an extension of stay from immigration the girl can get the same extension as a dependent.

Thanks, this is confusing me as I also have Fillipino colleagues with young children who do not get them any visas and go in and out of the country with out any problems on their Fillipino passports. They tell me there is no problem until they become 15?  If the child gets an extension of stay the same as the parent as a dependant do they have to pay the 1900bt? Is this question answered on any immigration website?

49 minutes ago, gunnerterry said:

Thanks, this is confusing me as I also have Fillipino colleagues with young children who do not get them any visas and go in and out of the country with out any problems on their Fillipino passports. They tell me there is no problem until they become 15?  If the child gets an extension of stay the same as the parent as a dependant do they have to pay the 1900bt? Is this question answered on any immigration website?

The extension costs 1,900 baht, as usual, but the paperwork requirements will be minimal.

The advantage of staying legal is that failing to do so will irritate some officials, and may lead to problems when you need their help on other matters.