What are these exercise bikes like?

akirasan

1 hour ago, tropo said:

No, you are strange. You complain about boredom, give bad advice, and then suggest you're an expert... 

You're a waffler and you lie about exercise knowledge. Worst advice I've ever seen.

And you keep playing the "boredom" card not me. I do exercises I like and get results from.

Laughable you claim to be an expert.

On 13/02/2018 at 6:51 PM, tropo said:

For me, the actual benefit I'm getting for the time I'm working out is more important than the scenery. That happens to be some intense work on a SkiErg or Rowing machine in my home. That's a lot shorter than a scenic walk in the park. There is no way to get around boredom from the daily chore of exercise. Eventually, it will become tedious.

I get around the tedium by setting session goals and working hard to achieve them. I'm working so hard I don't get bored. Try it! Push your heart rate to 90% of your maximum or higher for a period of time, then slow down and repeat. You won't have time to think about "bored". You'll only be thinking about what you're doing.

Long slow cardio is the boring type of exercise as it goes on for so long.I have a park at my doorstep, but much prefer training at home, with my choice of music, hours and climate control. I can only watch TV if I'm doing an easy slow cardio session. When I'm working hard I can't concentrate on the TV. I do easy sessions too. I mix them up.

You say you are selling your exercise bike. You've also mentioned you find rowing boring. You're hard to please. I can't think of one single exercise more beneficial overall than rowing.

A lot of people say you must enjoy exercise or you won't stick with it. LOL> I've been at it for over 4 decades and I never enjoy it. I treat it as a serious job. Ask yourself - do you enjoy brushing your teeth every day? Of course not - but you do it. If you develop a work mentality in your physical training you won't stop, even if you no longer enjoy it.

Please don't get confused between the "high" or good feeling you may experience once you've completed your workout with the hard work you actually do. That's a task. The good feeling is a reward for your hard work. Think of it like a job which you get paid for when the work is completed.

You said boring/boredom 5 times in one post.

3 hours ago, Justfine said:

You said boring/boredom 5 times in one post.

It is quite a big problem for you and many others, so it's worth mentioning more than once. I'm trying to offer a solution to the problem that doesn't involve selling your equipment.

3 hours ago, Justfine said:

You're a waffler and you lie about exercise knowledge. Worst advice I've ever seen.

And you keep playing the "boredom" card not me. I do exercises I like and get results from.

Laughable you claim to be an expert.

Of course, if you get all your advice from teenagers on Bodybuilding.com, you'd find real knowledge laughable. Ignorance is bliss. You keep on keeping with your bro-science, but if you talk nonsense I'm going to continue to call you out.

I'm still waiting to hear why you claim to be an expert? Tell us about your experience and results.

• 1 month later...
On 28/11/2017 at 10:00 PM, adammike said:

Passed a gym yesterday and saw a guy peddling away on a static, head buried in his phone,I thought to myself you are paying for that,I was in the middle of a free 10km free walk,

Maybe he likes the aircon and music.

Archived