Visa turnaround times London

I'm flying back to Thailand from the UK on the 9th December and need to get a new non imm O visa based on marriage. I downloaded the application form and saw the 5 day estimate for return which is normal. I then saw the changed times due to the cremation of the late king.  For applications in person from 6th November times are back to normal.  Postal applications after 20th October will take 10 working days until further notice. Have they just forgotten to update this? 

Does anyone know if postal applications have gone back to 5 days?

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am sure it is back to the normal 5 days,

It still says 5 days on this page. http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/en/visa-by-post

That's what I thought although this says different.

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/en/visa-modern

I'll be sending my application today or tomorrow so I should be ok anyway but I'd rather not have any unecessary stress in the week before I go if I can help it.

Thanks for the usual quick reply.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I am sure it is back to the normal 5 days,

It still says 5 days on this page. http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/en/visa-by-post

I sent an email to the embassy and surprisingly I've received a reply.  I asked if it still took 10 working days for postal applications.  Their reply was 'Yes'.

Maybe someone has applied by post recently. 

14 minutes ago, Cooky76 said:

I applied for my first non O visa based on marriage on Monday the 6th November posted it lunchtime by recorded delivery they received it Tuesday lunch time and I got my passport back on Friday the 10th . So all done in a week . 

I sent mine yesterday so ill post on  here when I get it back. 

From your experience out seems ubonjoe was correct and the embassy wasn't. About the same as usual. 

19 minutes ago, kimamey said:

I sent mine yesterday so ill post on  here when I get it back. 

From your experience out seems ubonjoe was correct and the embassy wasn't. About the same as usual. 

You should get it back Wednesday 29th.

A friend applied by post Tues 24th Oct and received it back on Tues 31st.

On 11/23/2017 at 5:08 PM, kimamey said:

I sent an email to the embassy and surprisingly I've received a reply.  I asked if it still took 10 working days for postal applications.  Their reply was 'Yes'.

Maybe someone has applied by post recently. 

It has never 'normally' taken 10 days. I have done quite a few over the years and it has always been very quick if you avoid weekends and holidays.

In July I sent it Mon morning by Royal Mail special delivery and I had it back Wed morning.

I also had to email the embassy prior to my application and they responded within hours.

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

It has never 'normally' taken 10 days. I have done quite a few over the years and it has always been very quick if you avoid weekends and holidays.

In July I sent it Mon morning by Royal Mail special delivery and I had it back Wed morning.

I also had to email the embassy prior to my application and they responded within hours.

There were delays around the time of the cremation ceremony for the king in October and for documents presented in person which are laid out on their website plus they say postal applications will take 10 working days until further notice. 

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/en/visa-modern

I received a quick reply to my enquiry which said the 10 days still apply, which seems to be incorrect. I've recently sent several emails and a letter regarding an issue with a marriage certificate and they've never replied other than the automated one that sends you to their webpage which was causing the issue in the first place. 

I managed to get mine sent on Thursday so even 10 days will be ok.  I'll post when I get it back which looks like it will be sooner. 

Just a quick update. 

I sent my application on Thursday 23 November so they would have got it on Friday. They phoned on Monday to say I'd forgotten to sign it.  I'd filled it out on my laptop but decided to actually sign it after printing but although I checked everything needed was being sent because i was in a hurry late at night I missed it. It was all saved so I sent another one, signed this time, on Tuesday which they received at 12.26 on Wednesday. 

They must have trusted me as they posted my passport at 15.50 on Tuesday and I received it at 11.53 on Wednesday, before they had my new, signed application.  So well done to them.  Clearly whoever emailed me tho day it was still 10 days either didn't know or didn't neither to find find out.