Credit Card from Bangkok Bank

Hi just wondering if anyone has applied for a Bangkok Bank credit card recently and how long did it take?

Applied at branch in Chiang Mai and used a fixed deposit account same value as requested limit. Was told 2 weeks. I have been back in twice to ask including today at 5 weeks. Asked when. "Maybe end of month. Maybe end year" was answer. 

I had a similar problem with BKK bank and in the end I was phoning the Head Office. Unfortunately the English speaking boy does not know the rules/requirements so I had to go back to the branch I applied, explain to them and they got onto Head Office and sorted it out.

BKK Bank was once a god bank but recently they have gone to the dogs, service poor, their stupid ideas of ATM cards and lack of knowledge on CC's

My other 2 banks (SCB and KK) are far better

31 minutes ago, JoePai said:

I had a similar problem with BKK bank and in the end I was phoning the Head Office. Unfortunately the English speaking boy does not know the rules/requirements so I had to go back to the branch I applied, explain to them and they got onto Head Office and sorted it out.

BKK Bank was once a god bank but recently they have gone to the dogs, service poor, their stupid ideas of ATM cards and lack of knowledge on CC's

My other 2 banks (SCB and KK) are far better

Thanks for the info. If I don't get it in another 2 weeks, 7 weeks total, I will close fixed deposit account and open elsewhere and try for card. Its not as if they have to check my credit profile out as they have the cash locked away.

1 hour ago, Dazinoz said:

Applied at branch in Chiang Mai and used a fixed deposit account same value as requested limit. Was told 2 weeks. I have been back in twice to ask including today at 5 weeks.

Call the head office. Branch staff often know nothing.