Had A Strange Taxi Ride

stevenls

Few days ago me and the Wife grabed a cab from a taxi in a parking lot in bkk..There was no picture on the front dash and never started the meter..I told him where we was going and off we went..I said turn the meter on and he said this ride was free? I was thinking wow nice guy and then started getting a sick feeling who and whats going on here.. was wondering why we was not going the toll way and then bamn..who the hel_l is this guy?? I said i was not feeling good and i want out of this car asap..Lucky we got out and off he went..The guy was about 30 and longer hair then most cab drivers..I ask myself today what if?

Steve

Edited by stevenls

Few days ago me and the Wife grabed a cab from a taxi in a parking lot in bkk..There was no picture on the front dash and never started the meter..I told him where we was going and off we went..I said turn the meter on and he said this ride was free? I was thinking wow nice guy and then started getting a sick feeling who and whats going on here.. was wondering why we was not going the toll way and then bamn..who the hel_l is this guy?? I said i was not feeling good and i want out of this car asap..Lucky we got out and off he went..The guy was about 30 and longer hair then most cab drivers..I ask myself today what if?

Steve

How did you get out of the cab, did the driver let you out or did you jump out?

Sounds like you got out of a "bad trip," this is not normal behavior for a legit cabbie!

Well, sorry about what happened to you. However, if this happened to Thai ppl, they will apologize and get off the taxi from the start ( i mean you feel uncomfortable with the driver as he doesn't have his photo or meter) It's okay to do. Taxi driver here turn down customers which is minor illegal because they have personal reasons like it's his timeoff or whatever. Thus, we, customers, can turn down a cab too and definitley not illegal. If he is very mad at you and curse you, you don't have to care because you have already apologized and you dont' understand Thai. So his curse won't hurt you, hehehe.

Steve

How spooky ! :o:D:D

Cabdrivers that doesn't match the photos displayed isn't uncommon. Biggest step away I encountered was a 20 year old girl driving, when the picture displayed a 60 year old man. Since I had to guide her on where to go I'm guessing the man in the picture was her father and was out sick that day.

lol, how would whether or not he charged you have anything to do with him meaning you harm in some way. I mean he could just as easily harm you if the meter was on than off.

The guy probably just had a good day, you were on the way home and he thought he'd do it for free, Didn't want to take the tollway because he didn't want to have to pay to take you home for free.

Also, whats with the comment about the length of his hair? your post was straight out of the sixties.