pros and contras of Navy Hospital in Sattahib

GeKoSc

Is there anyone out here who has used the services by the Navy hospital in Sattahib lately? 

What impression have you received /pros and contras ?  Is it true that Foreigners are not welcome? Quality of services? 

Thank you for your kind reply in advance...

from mine and friends experiences at the hospital, Foreigners are welcome, yes they charge us more, and yes the queues are long, but the doctors are good, my advice get there early very early, register ( or preregister if fairly close) and get in the queue, a Thai speaker would be useful 

Edited by steve187

3 hours ago, steve187 said:

from mine and friends experiences at the hospital, Foreigners are welcome, yes they charge us more, and yes the queues are long, but the doctors are good, my advice get there early very early, register ( or preregister if fairly close) and get in the queue, a Thai speaker would be useful 

Many thank´s for your complete instructions. I assume you are from Pattaya....did you go by minivan to Sattahib ? 

31 minutes ago, GeKoSc said:

at what time would you suggest to be early at the hospital for registration?

you will need to register and find out which room/clinic you will need to go to, the registration counter is just inside the main front door on the right, on first arrival the Thai's will go to the clinic they need, and write their name down on a piece of paper outside, this is long before the clinic opens, they will then go down and see the registration desk to get their notes sent to the clinic.

As this will be your first visit i would get there about 6.30 and start to queue to register. seem complicated but you will get the hang of it, so the first names on the list outside the clinic room, get called first once the clinic opens around 7am, 

you will need passport to register. i would suggest going before to register and get the layout, where the clinic is that you want etc.seem complicated but you will get the hang of it.

there are some ok places to get coffee , breakfast, sandwiches. Tuesday and Friday are market days under the hospital, so parking gets a bit tight

Edited by steve187