Audi TTs ABS and ESP warning lights stay on

tomtaylor1

Hi All, on my Audi TTs, the ABS and ESP warning lights stay on.

The ABS works fine, but unable to use The Electronic Stability Control.

Had the nearside front ABS sensor replaced, but the problem has reoccurred.

I purchased a Super plus VAGk+can.

The readings from this are, 8J06 14517B, which is Brake Pressure Sender Sensor Switch.

The following readings are, ESP Mk 60 0010

ECU Coding 618294

Service code 01236

Would you also say that the readings from The Vag are reliable.

If it is The Brake pressure sender switch they are 1800$, could this be repaired.

Any one able to tell me what all these codes mean, and how I could effect a repair.

Have posted my problem on The Audi UK forum, but as yet have not had any responce.

Thank you.

Regards Tom

Hi Commie and Kwasaki, thank you for the information provided.

I am relieved to find that they are not DTC codes, I will look into it further to find out out what the problem is.

The ABS works fine as I mentioned before, but cannot deploy ESP.

I am happy with the car, just a few teething problems.

Can order parts from The UK or The States, send by USPS. 

Regards.

Tom

I would recommend you to bring it to an Audi shop. I myself own an A8 and know 3 garages specialized in Audi cars in Bangkok and one of them is where I bring my car for any job to do on it

Price for maintenance are usually fairly cheap to what we would see in EU/US and some can be very competent but you must speak Thai (or have a Thai speaker calling for you and/or coming with you) as they are not speaking foreign language.

If you want more info, please PM me

• 3 weeks later...

Hi every one, thank you for your input.

I have now solved the problem of the ABS Wheel Sensor issue.

When the ABS wheel speed sensor, is not operating as it should, neither does the ESP as well as the tyre pressure check, miss match.

I checked on the internet about the ABS Wheel Speed Sensor, a magnetic field is created in the sensors by a toothed  disc which spins   with the brakes  discs.

I cleaned those discs  with a hose pipe, around the area.

Now no problems for the last 3000km.

Thanks Tom

On 11/27/2017 at 9:53 PM, mortem said:

I would recommend you to bring it to an Audi shop. I myself own an A8 and know 3 garages specialized in Audi cars in Bangkok and one of them is where I bring my car for any job to do on it

Price for maintenance are usually fairly cheap to what we would see in EU/US and some can be very competent but you must speak Thai (or have a Thai speaker calling for you and/or coming with you) as they are not speaking foreign language.

If you want more info, please PM me

Do they also work on Mercedes Benz ? Please I am interested by the details to visit them. Thank you.

Archived