Best Alternate time

sunny17

Hi all

I had once asked a long ass question about planing a trip around the FMP - but I have bad news - I cannot go during new years. 

I am not sure its a bad thing either - New year's time is too crowded and things are a tad expensive. 

But now the question is what is the best alternative time to go - I want to go after the winter/peak season but not during (or after) Sonkran - most shops are closed then. 

At the same time I want to attend a FMP. So question is should I plan the vacation around the 2nd March FMP or the 31st March FMP

If I go around the 2nd march date, then the FMP will be early in my trip. IF I plan around the 31st march date, then the FMP will be towards the end of my trip.

Can the experts please advise .

Edited by sunny17

the weather will most likely be less hot in early march versus late march.  the high season is generally over by then so most tourists will be back home by march.

maybe be more specific on what you are concerned about if not the weather and the number of tourists.

My plan includes staying on khaosan road, ayuthya trip, bridge on the river kwai trip, bangkok day trip, samui trips, including koh tao zip lining and reserve (and one night FMP), one nights stay in phi phi, phuket trip - including james bond island, possibly simian island, and also rilay beach and 4 island sunset trip from krabi.

Meanwhile - "

There are many stray dogs roaming the streets. Whilst the vast majority are very placid, some can become aggressive and will charge at people and attempt to bite. Take care and be alert around them. Keep to well lit main streets at night as the dogs seem to become territorial and very aggressive down the small side roads."

OMGGGG!!!

23 hours ago, sunny17 said:

Meanwhile - "

There are many stray dogs roaming the streets. Whilst the vast majority are very placid, some can become aggressive and will charge at people and attempt to bite. Take care and be alert around them. Keep to well lit main streets at night as the dogs seem to become territorial and very aggressive down the small side roads."

23 hours ago, sunny17 said:

do you know of a tour operator that offers a good day trip of kanchanaburi/bridge on the river kwai from bangkok?

No need. Get a minibus to Kanchanaburi and stay on the main tourist street.

From there rent a motorbike and the bridge is a few minute ride as is the graveyards.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all

I had once asked a long ass question about planing a trip around the FMP - but I have bad news - I cannot go during new years. 

I am not sure its a bad thing either - New year's time is too crowded and things are a tad expensive. 

But now the question is what is the best alternative time to go - I want to go after the winter/peak season but not during (or after) Sonkran - most shops are closed then. 

At the same time I want to attend a FMP. So question is should I plan the vacation around the 2nd March FMP or the 31st March FMP

If I go around the 2nd march date, then the FMP will be early in my trip. IF I plan around the 31st march date, then the FMP will be towards the end of my trip.

Can the experts please advise .

I've seen full-grown asses but never a long one, and only Mr. Ed could ask questions, and he was a thoroughbred.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 11/26/2017 at 5:21 PM, sunny17 said:

no i will be staying in khaosan road. So it has to be day trip

I would recommend you lose a night or 2 in BKK and spend at least 1 night in Kanchanaburi. In my opinion there is too much to fit in for a day trip. I have good memories of an overnight trip to Kan. many many years ago. It would not have been the same without an overnight stay.