Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Win 10 Screen Resolution Just Changed Itself...

jaywalker

And I cannot change it back.

Just sitting here & the screen went blank for 30 - 45 seconds & now it's all wonky & I can't change it back.

This is all I get on display settings (attached).

1024 X 768 is the best I can get. Only other option in 800 X 600 (no thanks).

Any suggestions? I searched all over Google. & got 100+ different answers, thanks in advance if anybody here can point me in the right direction. 

Oh yeah, it did this yesterday & tried "System Restore" to 4 days ago. No help.

2017-11-24_2054_001.png

15 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

First try reinstalling the display adapter driver.

Where'd it go???

Yeah, that was one of the Google solutions. It claims it has reinstalled, but no change.

Just out of the clear blue, it was fine one minute, then POOF! It's all afflicted...

AHA!!!!! I just fixed it!

See attached. Thanks JSixPack. You got me to explore the driver a bit more.

2017-11-24_2131.png

EDIT: Oh yeah, look at the choice of display settings I now have.

This is more like it.

2017-11-24_2140.png

I am quickly getting tired with a windows based system.

Now I cant print.

Printer off line, then after printer goes on line, Printer error,  then start printing  the page , after printing job is done, printer dialog box say "printing" for a long time not allowing me to print an other thing. Ok "cancel all documents" an hour later, still cancelling, So restart computer.

Do a win printer  diagnostic, "no problem", 

Try to switch to USB printing , cant find USB option.

I am not a computer expert and don't want to know about printer ports , spools and other techno stuff, all I want is to print a document, or when I start my computer not to have to wait two hrs to update. 

HAD IT!!

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Now I cant print.

Printer off line, then after printer goes on line, Printer error,  then start printing  the page , after printing job is done, printer dialog box say "printing" for a long time not allowing me to print an other thing. Ok "cancel all documents" an hour later, still cancelling, So restart computer.

I am not a computer expert and don't want to know about printer ports , spools and other techno stuff, all I want is to print a document, or when I start my computer not to have to wait two hrs to update. 

HAD IT!!

Sounds like you don't want any help.  So, I guess you won't get any.  If you don't want techno stuff get a platen printer. 

platin printer.jpg

2 minutes ago, amvet said:

Sounds like you don't want any help.  So, I guess you won't get any.  If you don't want techno stuff get a platen printer. 

platin printer.jpg

Sorry for the runt my friend , Simply frustrated.

The above looks to complicated for me,. Do you have a  Gutenberg press . LOL

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

Now I cant print.

HAD IT!!

dxb07fxavtsz.thumb.png.64bfe43c878f26350022d7ac74c95cec.png

Hey, I had an old Epson platen printer for my apple computer when I was in High School.

Mother thought I had a job sharpening knives. She didn't like the noise.

zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz ... zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz bzzz cachunk, zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz 

On 11/25/2017 at 10:11 PM, steve187 said:

do a system restore

Which brings up one of my favorite Windows Update bits of shenanigans -- it keeps turning System Restore "off" with no notice.  It probably happened with the Fall Creators Update, but I forgot to be vigilant and check at that time.  The other day I went to set a manual restore point (which I often do when updating software manually) and found Windows Restore was not turned on.  This has happened with several of the major Windows updates.  

Archived