noisy bikers

andreww

Folks, 

We live next to a small, but straight road, and couple of local idiots keep racing with their devil exhaust installed, which bothers everyone in the building and disrupts slow-paced quiet Thai lifestyle. I'm not gonna discuss mental abilities of people who mod their bikes with sh*t like that, but all I need to know -- is there any law that can address this matter? I can easily write down number plates of those loons and report them to local police, if it will make any difference. I just need to know proper law title, so this matter can be escalated in case of our local PD's  inaction.

Thanks for your input, please keep it civil ;)

best of luck getting something done about it, offering to pay the relevant authorities may get something done about the noise, my wife complained once about people burning the plastic of electrical wiring near us, the police did turn up to talk to the offenders but they just continued to do it after the police had left the scene 

27 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

take up collection, pay to have speed bumps installed?

we had speed bumps installed actually, it sort of hlelped, but not much as these bikes produces stupidly loud noise even at low revs. 

6 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

1. Only if the noise is higher than 90dB.

2. Only if the police actually have a noise meter (doubtful).

3. Only if the police are prepared to do it.

4. Will the kids take any notice?

I found this website: https://www.geonoise.com/noise-legislation-in-thailand/ partly confirming 90dB number, but does it apply to transport? And how outdated  that legislation is? I mean, 10 years ago even in Europe or Australia 90dB sounded ok (according to law, but now everyone's common sense says it's no longer  OK to smoke in public or to mod your bike/car in such a stupid way, so I wonder if Thailand progressed on this front as well...

4 minutes ago, sebastion said:

Fishing line tied on each side of the road works wonders.
That will send them a clear message.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

What about the people who do not have altered noisy exhausts, its no problem getting them caught on a  fishing line set across the road in your opinion  is it, and these are the majority of motorcycle riders where we live

One really noisey bike was travelling thru our village twice a day, i was told someone put sugar in his tank, could be true i have not heard the motorbike in weeks

What about the people who do not have altered noisy exhausts, its no problem getting them caught on a  fishing line set across the road in your opinion  is it, and these are the majority of motorcycle riders where we live
One really noisey bike was travelling thru our village twice a day, i was told someone put sugar in his tank, could be true i have not heard the motorbike in weeks
He stated they were racing up and down the street. Not once or twice a day.
Once they kick off racing, run the line and run inside.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

A raw egg is the best. Once its dry, theres no way of removing it. I would love to carry a few raw ones and use them on those pea brain van drivers and taxi drivers. 

It would certainly bring the head to a boil

Archived