Help me with two Condo options - about to buy

2 minutes ago, trogers said:

Not that Waterford Rama 4 is not good. Just that the 2-bedroom units are small for her needs, and with only one bathroom.

The unit she looked at has a roof garden priced at Bt3.9m. Probably one of the unit that shades my west facing unit after 3pm...?

Actually - I prefer 2bed + 1bath :) cause my husband and I don't need second bathroom... 

Oh so you live near Waterford Rama 4? :) 

Ps - I like how everyone calls me "her/she" even I chose my gender as a male by mistake when I created the account ??

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, rnalswls2 said:

Actually - I prefer 2bed + 1bath :) cause my husband and I don't need second bathroom... 

Oh so you live near Waterford Rama 4? :) 

Ps - I like how everyone calls me "her/she" even I chose my gender as a male by mistake when I created the account ??

I live there before. Have 3 units there that are rented out.

Garden setting with two swimming pools, one for the kids.

FB_IMG_1511971038022.jpg

FB_IMG_1511971061965.jpg

Only units in H building has entrance to the building on the ground floor. The other buildings have entrances from the basement carpark.

Edited by trogers

On 11/28/2017 at 4:14 PM, Mr Smoothex said:

Option A is only 4 years old and only 70% occupied. So in 4 years they have only sold 70% of the development. So in 5 years when you want to sell it, How long will it take you to sell??

Another important thing that a lot of people don't take into consideration is the currency rates. That is where the big gamble is. I had a mate who bought a house 10 years ago and it was 7 million baht. He transferred Pound Stirling over and got 70 baht to the pound. Place cost him 100K pounds. Didn't like the place and for 7 years he tried to sell it. He had a burmese couple staying there as caretakers. Finally sold it for 5 million. He got out of it without losing too much because the pound dropped to 50 baht to the pound, so he got his 100k baht.

The exchange rates here are not good because of the strength of the baht and domestic problems in a lot of countries, so what would happen if the baht dropped by 20% or your home currency increased by 20%. That would make a difference  by 20% in your final return when you sell it. Pay 6.3 mil for it and then lose 1.26mil in exchange rates. 

Is that the gamble you are prepared to take..??

Good point and i know people the same but only relevent if wanting to return to UK or elsewhere. 

25 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Good point and i know people the same but only relevent if wanting to return to UK or elsewhere. 

Using measures of debt levels of countries and their acts of QEs, I can safely bet which currencies would go down south first within the next 5-7 years ??