British actress sues Harvey Weinstein in New York alleging sex trafficking

snoop1130

British actress sues Harvey Weinstein in New York alleging sex trafficking

2017-11-28T024526Z_1_LYNXMPEDAR05W_RTROPTP_3_PEOPLE-HARVEY-WEINSTEIN-LAWSUIT.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Harvey Weinstein speaks at the UBS 40th Annual Global Media and Communications Conference in New York, NY, U.S. on December 5, 2012. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri/File Photo

(Reuters) - An aspiring British actress sued Harvey Weinstein in New York federal court on Monday accusing the movie producer of sex trafficking by inviting her to a hotel room in France and sexually assaulting her.

The civil lawsuit filed by Kadian Noble in U.S. District Court in New York accused Weinstein of violating a U.S. federal sex trafficking law in February 2014 in Cannes, France.

The lawsuit alleged that Weinstein "was able to force or coerce Kadian into sexual activity in his hotel room because of his promise to her of a film role and use of his influence on her behalf."

Holly Baird, a spokeswoman for Weinstein, said on Monday in an emailed statement, "Mr. Weinstein denies allegations of non-consensual sex."

"Mr. Weinstein has further confirmed that there were never any acts of retaliation against any women for refusing his advances," Baird said.

Weinstein has denied having non-consensual sex with anyone.

Reuters has been unable to independently confirm any of the allegations.

In the same lawsuit, Noble also sued the Weinstein Company and Weinstein's brother Bob, accusing them of being aware of Harvey Weinstein's behavior.

Officials with the Weinstein Company, headed by Bob Weinstein, could not immediately be reached for comment.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages.

The sex trafficking law has a 10-year statute of limitation.

More than 50 women have accused Harvey Weinstein of sexually harassing or assaulting them over the past three decades.

In the fallout from the accusations, Weinstein was fired from The Weinstein Co, the independent studio he co-founded in 2005 with his brother Bob, and expelled from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

Police in New York, Los Angeles, Beverly Hills and London have said they are investigating allegations of sexual assault that have been made against Weinstein.

Also on Monday, the Directors Guild of America said in a statement that Weinstein resigned from the organization.

(Reporting by Ben Klayman Additional reporting by Dan Whitcomb; Editing by Toni Reinhold)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-11-28

No excuse to Weinstein's despicable acts. No excuse for sexual harassment.

But no need to ignore the fact that many aspiring actresses or common women in their daily lives with career ambitions or to reach their goals, willingly jump into bed with their superiors, bosses or other men of influence who can entertain their ambitions.

Just to put things back in their place as the global victimization is getting a bit out of control.

Essentially what this actress is saying is "I got naked, and had sex with this man to further my career. I sensed that he was going to open some doors for me, and I behaved like a prostitute, exchanging my body, for favors and potential fame and fortune". Now, she wants to cash in on the possibility that he did not open any doors, or further her career. Or not. Who knows? 

I am not defending Weinstein. Having forcible sex with anyone is deplorable. A man in his position can get it easily, and there is never any reason to do this. But, there are alot of opportunists out there. And most importantly, this latest battle, is not doubt the escalation of the "war on men" that is presently being waged in the USA. 

I realize alot of apologists, and feminists are going to find this statement offensive. So be it. I am thrilled to remain politically incorrect.

Sex trafficking - a tad imaginative of her and her lawyers. Guess they can smell some heavy compensation.

She went, not kidnapped or under threat and had sex to further, she hoped, her career. Now she smells another pay day.

Rape, sex trafficking and sexual exploitation are despicable and totally unacceptable. But the real victims of such disgusting crimes are demeaned by these bimbo actresses looking for a payola years after they prostituted themselves.

But it's the latest PC craze so expect loads more of actresses we've never heard of crawling out the woodwork.

I disagree with your remark that he can get it so easily. He is so ugly, the only way he can get a girl, is a promise to further her career. He's a pretty despicable character. I've met many like him in the film business.

t

4 hours ago, observer90210 said:

No excuse to Weinstein's despicable acts. No excuse for sexual harassment.

But no need to ignore the fact that many aspiring actresses or common women in their daily lives with career ambitions or to reach their goals, willingly jump into bed with their superiors, bosses or other men of influence who can entertain their ambitions.

Just to put things back in their place as the global victimization is getting a bit out of control.

The only fact is how idiotic you must be to believe that it is the only way 'many' women get on in life, and that they think it is OK.

Yeah, damn those woman for speaking up against creepy sex-pests like Weinstein.... 

7 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

The only fact is how idiotic you must be to believe that it is the only way 'many' women get on in life, and that they think it is OK.

Yeah, damn those woman for speaking up against creepy sex-pests like Weinstein.... 

Perhaps they should deny him and immediately speak out!

Rather than waiting 20 years for the gravy train to roll into the station.

12 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Sex trafficking - a tad imaginative of her and her lawyers. Guess they can smell some heavy compensation.

She went, not kidnapped or under threat and had sex to further, she hoped, her career. Now she smells another pay day.

Rape, sex trafficking and sexual exploitation are despicable and totally unacceptable. But the real victims of such disgusting crimes are demeaned by these bimbo actresses looking for a payola years after they prostituted themselves.

But it's the latest PC craze so expect loads more of actresses we've never heard of crawling out the woodwork.

The PC craze, and the continuing "war on men" in the US, is sickening. It is hostile, nasty, surly, and just a continuation of the American woman's total and complete inability to manifest one iota of the dignity within femininity. Just watch the witches on CNN band together and espouse the evils of men. Within a decade, it might be illegal to have a penis within the US. Or at least to use one. Keep checking your cajones at the door, Mr. American man. I am one of them. I know firsthand how it works. 

All I can say about all of this is, that I am grateful that the Pacific Ocean is a large as it is. It insulates us from the complete nonsense going on back there. Hopefully that war will never travel across the Pacific. 

I totally agree with your point. None of these women were in the rooms under duress. They were not kidnapped. With the exception of tiny harvey, I do not think any force was ever used in most of these cases. In the case of James Toback, were the women chained to the bed, when he started getting busy? In the case of Charlie Rose, all of the women say he was a gentleman, and never forced himself on them. So, what gives here? And why all the complaints so many years, and decades later? Sex has been used to further your position in life, for millenniums. The only thing that is different now, is that there is a gullible media, which is complicit in furthering the gender war. 

The only real predators I see here, are Spacey and Weinstein. The rest appear to be consensual. Seagal, Hoffman, Rose, Takai, Tambor, Piven, Louis CK, Dreyfuss, and more. Alot of nonsense. I am not saying that harassment does not occur. But, rarely does it amount to rape. And this is mostly sour grapes. Well, he said he was going to open some doors for me, so I opened some of my doors for him. Now, I am disappointed. I am not wealthy, nor famous. I was assaulted. Yeah, right. The only assault that took place, was the lack of progress with their careers. And the only assault that is currently taking place, is the one on our sensibilities, and gender.  

16 hours ago, observer90210 said:

You make a good point, as do a few other posters on this thread and elsewhere.

I have no doubt that there could be girls/women who could accuse me of some sort of sexual harassment going back 20 or 30 years or more and I would have no clue about it whatsoever, mainly because back in the day, it wasn't an unusual occurrence. And by the way, by sexual harassment I mean, something like purely touching someone (not indecently), either intentionally or inadvertently.

Things were different back then and I remember getting a pat/slap on the backside when leaning over a desk of an employee, and this from the female marketing manager, who explained at the time, "sorry I just couldn't resist it you've got such a lovely arse". Folks in the nearby vicinity of it burst out laughing, as did I.

Arms on shoulders, hugs from staff, even kisses from staff etc, were all commonplace at one time, and the folks I feel sorry for are those people who are being accused of something of which they have no recollection and which at the time may have been "acceptable" or even unintentional.

IMO it is ridiculous that after many, many years, someone can bring forward an accusation over an incident which no one remembers apart from that particular person, and whether it is right or wrong, intentional or unintentional, can ruin someone's career.

Another poster has suggested that if supposed recipient of such an action doesn't come forward within a certain time frame (one month perhaps) then the accusation should be discarded.

Just to make things clear, I have no time for anyone engaging in sexual harassment/lewd behaviour or predatory acts and it is worthwhile remembering that some of the incidents I have outlined earlier were at one time perfectly acceptable

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Perhaps they should deny him and immediately speak out!

Rather than waiting 20 years for the gravy train to roll into the station.

you clearly know nothing about sexual harassment then. I suggest you educate yourself.

The same for the people raped by Jimmy Saville? They were just on the 'gravy train' then?

On 11/28/2017 at 6:47 PM, spidermike007 said:

Essentially what this actress is saying is "I got naked, and had sex with this man to further my career. I sensed that he was going to open some doors for me, and I behaved like a prostitute, exchanging my body, for favors and potential fame and fortune". Now, she wants to cash in on the possibility that he did not open any doors, or further her career. Or not. Who knows? 

I am not defending Weinstein. Having forcible sex with anyone is deplorable. A man in his position can get it easily, and there is never any reason to do this. But, there are alot of opportunists out there. And most importantly, this latest battle, is not doubt the escalation of the "war on men" that is presently being waged in the USA. 

I realize alot of apologists, and feminists are going to find this statement offensive. So be it. I am thrilled to remain politically incorrect.

. . . the escalation of the "war on men" that is presently being waged in the USA. 

Not just in the USA. To be a white, heterosexual male is almost a sin in the UK most developed Western nations, where feminists and other minority groups seem bent on destroying core values which made us the envy of the world.

The more I learn what has happened to the country that was once my homeland, the happier I am to be living elsewhere.

Edited by Krataiboy

3 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

. . . the escalation of the "war on men" that is presently being waged in the USA. 

Not just in the USA. To be a white, heterosexual male is almost a sin in the UK most developed Western countries, where feminists and other minority groups have launched a jihad against a way of life which once was the envy of the world.

The more I learn what has happened to the country that was once my homeland, the happier I am to be living elsewhere. And I don't think I am alone in this respect.

'A way of life which was once the envy of the world'.

You mean the way of life of a white heterosexual man, who could just take what he wanted without any consequences? Be it resources, territory or women? Well fortunately those days are over...

59 minutes ago, Gulfsailor said:

'A way of life which was once the envy of the world'.

You mean the way of life of a white heterosexual man, who could just take what he wanted without any consequences? Be it resources, territory or women? Well fortunately those days are over...

Hello, sailor

I don't know where you are usually docked, but I guess it can't have been Britain before it was colonised by mass immigration and the lunatic fringe of the feminist movement. Otherwise you would know why people of my generation feel so happy to have upped anchor.

16 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

you clearly know nothing about sexual harassment then. I suggest you educate yourself.

The same for the people raped by Jimmy Saville? They were just on the 'gravy train' then?

There was little point persecuting a dead and buried Jimmy Saville.  A huge waste of resources that could have been better applied to current issues.  Jimmy Saville and Harvey Weinstein are completely different scenarios.

You obviously know nothing about human nature, I suggest you educate yourself!

12 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Not just in the USA. To be a white, heterosexual male is almost a sin in the UK most developed Western nations, where feminists and other minority groups seem bent on destroying core values which made us the envy of the world.

The more I learn what has happened to the country that was once my homeland, the happier I am to be living elsewhere.

Agree. As I said earlier-  The PC craze, and the continuing "war on men" in the US, is sickening. It is hostile, nasty, surly, and just a continuation of the American woman's total and complete inability to manifest one iota of the dignity within femininity. Just watch the witches on CNN band together and espouse the evils of men. Within a decade, it might be illegal to have a penis within the US. Or at least to use one. Keep checking your cajones at the door, Mr. American man. I am one of them. I know firsthand how it works. 

All I can say about all of this is, that I am grateful that the Pacific Ocean is a large as it is. It insulates us from the complete nonsense going on back there. Hopefully that war will never travel across the Pacific. 

Is it safe to say that the primary countries practicing "extreme emasculation" are the US, and the UK? Is it this bad in Australia, Canada, and New Zealand? I do not think other countries in Europe are being this hateful towards men, are they?