Nana Hotel

crudy21

I arrive in Bangkok this Tuesday morning at 6.30 am and would like to stay at Nana Hotel for a couple of nights before i move on to Pattaya and Phetchabun or vice verca.

I have browsed various sites and they are offering double rooms for 16-19GBP per night pre booked, which i thought was very reasonable. Can any of you guys reccomend this way of paying or should i just turn up and pay on arrival/departure. Bearing in mind my arrival time im guessing i will get to the hotel at around 8.00am and it says on the websites that check in/check out is 2.pm. I would not like to have to hang around untill then with my luggage etc if you know what i mean?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, also if any member has stayed there before any reviews/tips would be great to read also.

Thanks in advance, Crudy, England

Best to book the Nana before you arrive. It is a very popular hotel, I'm not sure why. Many people rave about the fine dining!

They don't rave about the fine dining.

They rave about lots of dessert right outside.... :o

Oh yeh....The crickets/grasshoppers/bugs and beetles :D

Is it just me, or does staying at Nana Hotel instantly label a person a sex tourist?

I think the Nana Hotel, Pattaya and Petchabun nexus is highly suspicious. :o:D:D

I haven't the foggiest idea what your on about?? Me a sex tourist?? :D

Whatever would the wife think?

Nana hotel really does look like a happening place to stay, can't wait to check it out.

The Phetchabun trip is to see an old mate who lives up there nowadays, any info on getting there wouldn't go a miss either as ive not been up country before.

Thanks for the input, this site is absolutely spot on for information and sarcasm! :D

Ok Crudy,no one is labeling you a sex tourist.This hotel I stayed at in my first visit to Bangkok 2 years ago.The car park, later in the evening,out the front is a place for ladies of the night to work freelance and not work for pimp.The food at hotel like most other similar priced hotels in Bangkok.The sky train is close by,shops and markets close by.Traffic around hotel is horrendous.Good places to eat nearby,The Bus Stop.Steak house around corner good,free wireless internet.I just returned from thailand and stayed at the Bangkok Suite hotel 800 baht / night including breakfast,about 1 km walk to siam square city centre and shops.

Hope this will help you a little,my friend and his thai wife and 2 children stay at nana no problem,as they say in thailand "up to you if you want problem".

Happy holidays

Thommo

No offence to the OP and i have nothing against sex tourists or the sex industry, but if you're not a sex tourist I would seriously recommend against staying at the Nana Hotel, unless you want to be labelled one of course.

It's a grim place. If you consider the location, the famous car park, the 'disco' underneath it and the fact that it is the whoremonger's bedroom of choice, it's hard not to draw the conclusion i drew earlier.

Anyway, it's up to you.

No offence to the OP and i have nothing against sex tourists or the sex industry, but if you're not a sex tourist I would seriously recommend against staying at the Nana Hotel, unless you want to be labelled one of course.

It's a grim place. If you consider the location, the famous car park, the 'disco' underneath it and the fact that it is the whoremonger's bedroom of choice, it's hard not to draw the conclusion i drew earlier.

Anyway, it's up to you.

I agree. If the OP is going on his own for a bit of RnR then fair enough. But I certainly would not consider taking the family there :o

Anyway, it's up to you.

Sounds like you've become acquainted with every crevace of the place over years, eh?

Buses to Phetchabun take about 5-6 hours and run from the Mor Chit bus station. A taxi from the infamous (sorry) hotel to Mor Chit will cost you around 100-150 Baht depending on traffic. Get your mate to pick you up in Phetchabun from the bus station.

Ah, the Nana Hotel, what evocative memories it stirs! I stayed there once, one night, and swear that the musty odour of the rooms could be detected before opening the taxi door.

As suggested by others, with your wife in tow, I'd suggest flashing a little more cash and staying at another place, there's plenty to choose from. If you wish to expeience Nana Plaza you can easily get there by sky train or taxi and you won't have to admit to colleagues that you stayed at the N H (snigger, nudge-nudge-wink-wink, know-what-you-mean! :o ).

Ah, the Nana Hotel, what evocative memories it stirs! I stayed there once, one night, and swear that the musty odour of the rooms could be detected before opening the taxi door.

As suggested by others, with your wife in tow, I'd suggest flashing a little more cash and staying at another place, there's plenty to choose from. If you wish to expeience Nana Plaza you can easily get there by sky train or taxi and you won't have to admit to colleagues that you stayed at the N H (snigger, nudge-nudge-wink-wink, know-what-you-mean! :o ).

My first visit to Thailand in may of 04 I spent in the Holiday Inn in Silom I book through hotels.com and the rooms are excellent and every thing you want is a taxi ride away and maria's rest close by is excellent place to eat specializing in italian food go on the internet and check them out and book on the net you will save some money enjoy your visit to Thailand

not too far away is the little known Hotel 27

aircon rooms for 350 (short time 150)

they dont allow crackheads (the sign says so)

open all hours, no booking required.

the great mystery is the purpose of the steel hook hanging from the ceiling in every room,

anyone know what its for?

Of course you could go for the Atlanta in Suk Soi 2, they don't allow sex tourists nor their "friends"

I have stayed at the Nana for about a week, and it's basically a dump. The food in their restaurant is not bad though. For about 1800 baht, you could try Zenith in Sukhumvit soi 3, very nice hotel with swimming pool at the roof.

Edited by sjaak327

not too far away is the little known Hotel 27

aircon rooms for 350 (short time 150)

they dont allow crackheads (the sign says so)

open all hours, no booking required.

the great mystery is the purpose of the steel hook hanging from the ceiling in every room,

anyone know what its for?

Not so little-known, :o:D:D:D Mark my friend!

But would you seriously recommend it? :bah::o:D:bah:

It would be interesting to enter any Nana Hotel room with a u/v "black light" and just see how much "genetic fingerprinting" you can find. :o

yuk the thought of it, why would you want to lie in those beds, maybe you can pay for a brand new mattress? :D

I tried to check into the Nana Hotel once...they were fully booked except for the penthouse suite for 2k per night. I shoulda got it as two girlfriends of my wife's were wid us and it woulda been a riot...

we ended up at the Nana City Inn around the corner and down at the end ob soi Nana...basic rooms for 800 per night but just right for basic accommodation...hot water, cable TV and etc...no swimming pool or breakfast buffet...

the girls got drunk and passed out and slept onna floor despite my efforts to have them undressed and inna bed...had to make do alone with my beautiful wife...

the Nana City Inn, helpful staff, basic rooms but good for the price and location...good cheeseburgers and western breakfasts just across and up the road at The Bus Stop...

I tried to check into the Nana Hotel once...they were fully booked except for the penthouse suite for 2k per night. I shoulda got it as two girlfriends of my wife's were wid us and it woulda been a riot...

we ended up at the Nana City Inn around the corner and down at the end ob soi Nana...basic rooms for 800 per night but just right for basic accommodation...hot water, cable TV and etc...no swimming pool or breakfast buffet...

the girls got drunk and passed out and slept onna floor despite my efforts to have them undressed and inna bed...had to make do alone with my beautiful wife...

the Nana City Inn, helpful staff, basic rooms but good for the price and location...good cheeseburgers and western breakfasts just across and up the road at The Bus Stop...

I rest my case :o

I rest my case :o

and just what the <deleted> is your case, azzhole?...c'mon...put it up so we can see it!...