Nana Hotel

crudy21

I must be different than most of the posters. I DON'T like fancy hotels. I have always found the Nana to be just fine. The last time I was in that area I stayed in the Nana City Inn because Nana was full. I still went to the Nana hotel for their buffet breakfasts. The rooms have always been clean and everything worked. If it is such a dive, why is it often full?

I must be different than most of the posters. I DON'T like fancy hotels. I have always found the Nana to be just fine. The last time I was in that area I stayed in the Nana City Inn because Nana was full. I still went to the Nana hotel for their buffet breakfasts. The rooms have always been clean and everything worked. If it is such a dive, why is it often full?

Next time you go, see who the clientelle are and who they are with.

Next count how many steps you have to walk before you are in a Go Go bar,

then you will have your answer.

I dont have a problem with that, I just do not think it is a suitable place to take a family. At least I wouldnt take mine there :o

I tried to check into the Nana Hotel once...they were fully booked except for the penthouse suite for 2k per night. I shoulda got it as two girlfriends of my wife's were wid us and it woulda been a riot...

we ended up at the Nana City Inn around the corner and down at the end ob soi Nana...basic rooms for 800 per night but just right for basic accommodation...hot water, cable TV and etc...no swimming pool or breakfast buffet...

the girls got drunk and passed out and slept onna floor despite my efforts to have them undressed and inna bed...had to make do alone with my beautiful wife...

the Nana City Inn, helpful staff, basic rooms but good for the price and location...good cheeseburgers and western breakfasts just across and up the road at The Bus Stop...

I rest my case :o

and just what the <deleted> is your case, azzhole?...c'mon...put it up so we can see it!...

Exactly as the thread suggests.

That it's a lowlife hotel, predominantly frequented by sex tourists and their guests for the night. If people want to take their families and loved ones there, good for them. I wouldnt. Others might.

Why anyone would want to run the risk of having their bonafide gfs or wives branded as hookers by staying there as legitimate guests, I have no idea.

There are dozens of similar priced options, as you yourself found out.

If you dont like the idea of staying at the Nana. I can vaguely remember staying at a hotel called the Grace which was close by to the Nana and it had a wonderful Coffee Shop in the basement Is it still there ???

Still there on Soi 3. It is the Nana Hotel for Arab sex tourists. It's infamous Coffee Shop more closely resembles the bar scene in that Star Wars movie.

Is it just me, or does staying at Nana Hotel instantly label a person a sex tourist?

its just you

I don't think it is. Re-read the thread.

hmmm ok so everyone who stays there must be a sex tourist - wouldnt go near it myself though had some fun in Nana discos many times (oops have i labelled myself) certainly wouldnt take a family anywhere near that hotel or that Soi!!!

Mate,

As previously stated the Nana hotel is pretty gross if you're not in BK to pick up hookers. Its right next to one of the main girly bar strips (Nana Plaze) and the rooms are average at best. I'd hate to know whats on those sheets! :o

If you are looking for a hotel for around that price range and in the Sukhumvit area i highly recommend the Woraburi Inn Sukhumvit.

its about a 10-15 minute walk down soi 4 (nana is also soi 4)...so its close, but gives a bit of a buffer zone between you and the gong show that is the Nana Hotel. They also have a free tuk tuk taxi service to transport you to Sukhumvit 24/7 if you don't feel like the walk.

The outdoor rooftop pool is great during the day and the complimentary breakfast buffet is very tasty.

I highly recommend it!

And if the Landmark is too expensive, there are other hotels in the location which don't come with the same 'stigma' as Nana Hotel. The Grand Business Inn at the top of soi 11 comes to mind. New, clean, fresh and around 1200 a night. Swiss Grottini behind Robinsons on soi 19 gets good reviews too. Slightly more expensive is the Majestic Grande, run by Sofitel. In a side soi between sois 4 and 6.

And if the Landmark is too expensive, there are other hotels in the location which don't come with the same 'stigma' as Nana Hotel. The Grand Business Inn at the top of soi 11 comes to mind. New, clean, fresh and around 1200 a night. Swiss Grottini behind Robinsons on soi 19 gets good reviews too. Slightly more expensive is the Majestic Grande, run by Sofitel. In a side soi between sois 4 and 6.

Actually the Majestic Grande is on Sukhumvit Soi 2, left hand side from Suk. Great hotel, but is around 3000 baht and more.

Not really the kind of place you would want to bring the family, but i would recommend the honey house on Suk Soi 22. Really cool place. Close to lots of bars, massage, food.. Free wireless internet all over the place if you traveling in with a laptop (which i never leave without, personally..) and best of all: clean rooms, air conditioning and hot water for 600 Baht a night. Ive been in Thailand for the last 5 years and thats one of the best deals ive seen. Check it out.

Edited by lannabull

Possibly not the best of introductions to the forum, hi all :o , but I'm a Nana Hotel fan too. I would'nt take the wife there as has been said, but I've always found it to be clean and well kept.

It might be showing signs of age, so am I, but it's right in the middle of the nightlife and the chances of getting into trouble with the katoeys on Sukhumvit after a night out on the razzle are pretty much zero if you are staying at the Nana.

One more vote for the Nana over here, I think that makes two of us.

• 2 weeks later...
not too far away is the little known Hotel 27

aircon rooms for 350 (short time 150)

they dont allow crackheads (the sign says so)

open all hours, no booking required.

the great mystery is the purpose of the steel hook hanging from the ceiling in every room,

anyone know what its for?

Not so little-known, :o:D:D:D Mark my friend!

But would you seriously recommend it? :bah::o:D:bah:

ok if stuck for a place for the night

• 2 weeks later...

Great fun at Nana hotel, you were right it is better to book in advance as we never and when we got there they could only offer us a room each for 1 night.

Arrived about 7.30 am and there were still freelancers floating around, checked in, given free breakfast voucher and free mai tai voucher both of which i used and no complaints about either.

Shown to our roooms by a little old guy called Eddie, ''Eddie is a good man he will look after you'' the guy on reception said. As soon as Eddie got in my room he pulled 3 pics of girls out and said they were available right now for massage and extras. I declined Eddie's offers as i am happily partnered up here in UK, gave him 20 baht and he disapeared like a wrinkly ninja.

Showered, changed and went for a walk to soi 7, met 2 guys from Leeds who were on our flight in a cafe/bar just down past Eden on the opposite side. After a few beers we moved on and were beckoned over to a hairdressers shop just near Eden. The ''hairdressers'' quickly put a table and chairs outside their shop and asked us if we wanted beers. The 2 lads from Leeds disapeared to a hotel over the road with 2 of the ''hairderessers'' for a 1000 baht st.

After a couple of hours i was ready for a sleeep, headed back to Nana and hit the sack for about 6 hours. Woke up, showered and hit Nana Plaza, but thats a different tale altogether.

All in all i would recommend Nana Hotel, just be a bit broad minded and dont expext luxury.

But for 1250 baht inc breakfast and a cocktail and bang in the middle of the action, you can't go wrong.

Edited by crudy21

Great fun at Nana hotel, you were right it is better to book in advance as we never and when we got there they could only offer us a room each for 1 night.

Arrived about 7.30 am and there were still freelancers floating around, checked in, given free breakfast voucher and free mai tai voucher both of which i used and no complaints about either.

Shown to our roooms by a little old guy called Eddie, ''Eddie is a good man he will look after you'' the guy on reception said. As soon as Eddie got in my room he pulled 3 pics of girls out and said they were available right now for massage and extras. I declined Eddie's offers as i am happily partnered up here in UK, gave him 20 baht and he disapeared like a wrinkly ninja.

Showered, changed and went for a walk to soi 7, met 2 guys from Leeds who were on our flight in a cafe/bar just down past Eden on the opposite side. After a few beers we moved on and were beckoned over to a hairdressers shop just near Eden. The ''hairdressers'' quickly put a table and chairs outside their shop and asked us if we wanted beers. The 2 lads from Leeds disapeared to a hotel over the road with 2 of the ''hairderessers'' for a 1000 baht st.

After a couple of hours i was ready for a sleeep, headed back to Nana and hit the sack for about 6 hours. Woke up, showered and hit Nana Plaza, but thats a different tale altogether.

All in all i would recommend Nana Hotel, just be a bit broad minded and dont expext luxury.

But for 1250 baht inc breakfast and a cocktail and bang in the middle of the action, you can't go wrong.

Didn't take long to dump her.

Edit: sorry......that took a long time.

Edited by Lucifer