cables on sukhumvit

Blue bruce

I know it's  hard to believe but i was in Bangkok Yesterday on lower sukhumvit near soi 22 and they are removing all the overhead cables except the main power  cables. Several crews were busy hacking down all the phone and tv cables. Wonders never cease to amaze. I guess Bill Gates made a point. Thanks to the P.M

3 hours ago, scoutman360 said:

I never saw anyone dig trenches to move things underground. How did it happen so quickly?

i remember some trenching on the sidewalk on sukhumvit between emporium and terminal 21.  i assumed it was a water/sewer type of operation.  i can only guess how long ago it was, maybe as long as 2 years ago. 

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:26 PM, Blue bruce said:

the tubes for the cables are already there along with other assorted tubes and sewer lines. All it took was taking them down and putting then under ground, now gigging required

I remember them putting those black with orange stripe cables underground a few years ago. They laid them a few inches under the sidewalk tile. Most have broken the surface, been crushed, and filled with debris and water by now. They surfaced around the telephone poles. I haven't seen them used, even now.

Archived