Ban Paeng District

yosib157

OK, so we've been in Nakhon Phanom Province for more than 15 years and regularly take trips along the 212 River Road.

I think we've stayed in maybe 20 different hotels and resorts  during that time and still like to find new places.

So, I've recently seen on social media that Ban Paeng has new eateries the like we've never found. Stayed at the JB Place a few times and found the extensive menu OK, but the rooms were mediocre or expensive for the bigger ones. Does anyone have information about the new resorts/restaurants? I don't really want to drive to Beung Kan/Seka/Nong Khai, just enjoy a reasonable few nights away with the missus over Christmas. 

Can anyone in the area advise about the 'Paradise Water Park' around 25 km south of town? Last time we looked it was still under construction and can't remember if it was deep enough for adults or just a big padding pool with slides for kids.  

Thanks in advance for any info ...................................

This is maybe the third time over the years I've posted about this area. Last time the only response I had was from a kind gent in Seka giving a lot of useful info. This time -- nothing.

I posted again because I saw pictures of a foreigner gladly posing in social media pictures in a restaurant with a good menu which I never saw before. I gather there are no Thai Visa users in the area are any who are prepared to share their local knowledge. Is it so good that people want to keep it to themselves or what?

So, we'll take a drive along there and anyway ad lib it same as thousands of kliks before and check out the newer accommodation and eateries..  

I hope you'll share your finds here. I've been to Ban Paeng a few of times but certainly didn't find any eateries of interest. Like you, I found JB Place to be just okay at best.

Living in Nakhon Phanom myself, it'd be interesting to know of options other than that Chaiburi restaurant on the river. I find the area to be beautiful and it's always good to have more excuses for a short trip...

16 minutes ago, malathione said:

I hope you'll share your finds here. I've been to Ban Paeng a few of times but certainly didn't find any eateries of interest. Like you, I found JB Place to be just okay at best.

Living in Nakhon Phanom myself, it'd be interesting to know of options other than that Chaiburi restaurant on the river. I find the area to be beautiful and it's always good to have more excuses for a short trip...

I just used Google Maps inserting 'restaurants'  after Ban Phaeng search . Zooming in reveals more and then even more with descriptions/menus included. We'll try one on the way in and probably 3 more over our 2 days there. One which looks promising is on the right side (under the first arch and go 100 m) before getting into the town and some were closer to the river.

Archived