Non B Requirements Applying in Laos

I'm applying for the Non B in Laos later this month and I've been getting lots of conflicting info about the minimum requirements.

I'd appreciate it if anybody who applied there could post the documents that they submitted.

I plan to take with me the original bachelor diploma and the documents provided by the company that I work for.

Aside from this is anything else needed? Are there any requirements for additional certifications (TEFL, TOEIC, etc)?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by helicondelta

Moved to here.

Since you posted this on the teaching in Thailand forum I assume that will be what you will be applying for the non-b visa for.

Requirement are here on the their website for Vientiane. http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/Visa/Non-B teacher.pdf

The major thing you did not mention was the police clearance certificate if teaching K to 12 classes.

1 hour ago, helicondelta said:

Should I be concerned if I don't provide TEFL or TOEIC certifications?

As far as I know they do not require those. You are applying as a teacher and it is not specified you will be teaching English.

7 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

As I know you need TOEIC at least 550 or 700 score for Non B visa.

I have never seen that being a requirement for getting a non--b visa at an embassy or consulate.

The MFA website does not minion it. See: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"B"-(for-Business-and.html

I think it may be needed to get the teaching license or the waiver of it needed to apply for an extension at immigration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

Not a teacher, but a bit of research shows that this is only in the case of people coming from countries where English is not the native language and then it is needed to get the permission to teach, not the visa.

• Thanks 1

On 12/7/2017 at 1:39 PM, sananeamk0715 said:

Only if you are not a native speaker of English. And then not for the visa but for the teacher waiver from TCT.

Edited by duanebigsby
  • Thanks 1