Tummy Tuck At Bumrungrad

katmandu16

Hi,

I just scheduled a tummy tuck with Dr. Vira Varavej at Bumrungrad...for mid-March. Can anyone share experiences (good or bad) regarding this doctor?

I'm living in Singapore and have the consult scheduled for a Friday and the procedure scheduled for the following day. How often is it handled in this way? Should I try to fly to Bangkok for an earlier consult and then return for the procedure? Am I insane? Help, please! :o

Thanks!

Kat

Hi,

I just scheduled a tummy tuck with Dr. Vira Varavej at Bumrungrad...for mid-March. Can anyone share experiences (good or bad) regarding this doctor?

I'm living in Singapore and have the consult scheduled for a Friday and the procedure scheduled for the following day. How often is it handled in this way? Should I try to fly to Bangkok for an earlier consult and then return for the procedure? Am I insane? Help, please! :o

Thanks!

Kat

Hi Kat,

My wife is having the procedure as I write this (she's using Dr Poomee at Bumrungrad). She had her consult yesterday. You should check with your Doctor, as there are certain medical conditions which could cause a delay (for instance, high blood pressure, irregular ekg, etc). You might ask which tests the Doctor will require before surgery and then have those tests done in Singapore. If you choose not to have the tests in advance, they will be scheduled the same day as your consultation; my wife had to do a blood screening, an ekg, a chest x-ray and an anti-HIV test. Again, check with your doctor for his requirements. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Bruce

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Hi Kat,

My wife is having the procedure as I write this (she's using Dr Poomee at Bumrungrad). She had her consult yesterday. You should check with your Doctor, as there are certain medical conditions which could cause a delay (for instance, high blood pressure, irregular ekg, etc). You might ask which tests the Doctor will require before surgery and then have those tests done in Singapore. If you choose not to have the tests in advance, they will be scheduled the same day as your consultation; my wife had to do a blood screening, an ekg, a chest x-ray and an anti-HIV test. Again, check with your doctor for his requirements. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Bruce

Bruce,

How did everything go? Wife and friends are going to Bumrungrad in April. 2 are having breast implants. 1 is having tummy tuck/lipo and possible breast lift. Just trying to find the right Dr.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Rudy

//email removed - lopburi3//

Edited by lopburi3

Hi,

Thanks!

Kat

I had a liposuction procedure performed by Dr. Vira. I think he is very competent and also has a sense of humour, which is important to me. His children have attended college in the US and he is fluent in English. It is not unusual to schedule consultation and procedure back to back. Bumrungrad is famed for speed of service and you will not be disappointed in the care and guidance you receive (in my opinion). My companion spent the night in my hospital room on a comfortable couch/bed and was provided with hospital meals. My experience was quite good and much better than I have ever received at any hospital in the US.

Sorry for the late responses. We were very happy with Dr Amorn Poomee. He is a wonderful, caring individual and I highly recommend him. My wife is most pleased with her new look. While Dr Amorn's prices are higher than the general pricing at Bumrungrad (available on their website, btw), we are happy with the decision. The tummy tuck was a little over $5,000, including two nights in a private room at the hospital, the anesthesiologist, hospital fees for the operating room, all medications and follow-up visits. The only extras were for blood work and an EKG and they amounted to less than $50.

• 2 years later...
Hi,

I'm living in Singapore and have the consult scheduled for a Friday and the procedure scheduled for the following day. How often is it handled in this way? Should I try to fly to Bangkok for an earlier consult and then return for the procedure? Am I insane? Help, please! :)

Thanks!

Kat

I had a liposuction procedure performed by Dr. Vira. I think he is very competent and also has a sense of humour, which is important to me. His children have attended college in the US and he is fluent in English. It is not unusual to schedule consultation and procedure back to back. Bumrungrad is famed for speed of service and you will not be disappointed in the care and guidance you receive (in my opinion). My companion spent the night in my hospital room on a comfortable couch/bed and was provided with hospital meals. My experience was quite good and much better than I have ever received at any hospital in the US.

I'm looking to do a tummy tuck at the end of Oct. Where did you check Dr. Vira's out? thanks, Karina

Edited by karina