Accused doctor surrenders to police

webfact

Accused doctor surrenders to police

By Prasit Tangprasert 
The Nation

39c014185f3a1db8d896a7e2d451aa76.jpeg

A doctor accused of fondling the breasts of several factory workers during their annual check-up turned himself in to police yesterday and denied any wrongdoing.

The man’s lawyer, Thanadej Srilamun, said his client would be willing to negotiate with complainants to settle the matter. 

Thanadej was speaking after he accompanied the doctor, who also serves as the director of a privately-run hospital in Nakhon Ratchasima province, to the Sung Noen Police Station to acknowledge the charge of sexual abuse. 

The charge is levelled against him after 11 female factory workers came forward with complaints that he inappropriately touched their breasts during their annual check-ups on November 17. 

“There’s ground to believe he committed the violation,” said the case investigator, Pol Lt Colonel Trakarn Saksrikrom

The doctor went to the police station wearing sunglasses and refused to speak to waiting reporters. 

Thanadej said the doctor believed the complainants might have misunderstood his intentions because a check-up generally required some physical contact. 

“So, he is ready to negotiate,” he said. 

According to Thanadej, complainants had earlier demanded Bt50,000 compensation each but the doctor believed the figure requested was too high. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30333099

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-12-04

1 hour ago, webfact said:

A doctor accused of fondling the breasts of several factory workers during their annual check-up turned himself in to police yesterday and denied any wrongdoing

Several factory workers tells the same story, but one doctor denies all again. Pretty clear what is right and wrong in my opinion.

There’s ground to believe he committed the violation,” said the case investigator, Pol Lt Colonel Trakarn Saksrikrom

Should have been standing. Don´t listen to the poor people and their wide imagination, and concentrate on the doctor that has some cash to spend.

So, he is ready to negotiate,” he said

Why does he need to negotiate, when he clearly states that he´s done nothing wrong? Big BS!

Surely an annual medical check up for women would involve breast examinations feeling for lumps or cysts that could be indications of breast cancer?

I would have thought that these kinds of examinations would be standard procedures. If these women did not feel comfortable being medically examined by a male, then why did they not insist on seeing a female medical practitioner?

14 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Surely an annual medical check up for women would involve breast examinations feeling for lumps or cysts that could be indications of breast cancer?

I would have thought that these kinds of examinations would be standard procedures. If these women did not feel comfortable being medically examined by a male, then why did they not insist on seeing a female medical practitioner?

Well done, sir. Case closed. 

Cant believe no one thought of this before. Jeez.

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

Thailand has something of a caste system, I can't imagine factory workers questioning a medical doctor on procedures and definitely not singularly.  

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

Was it undertaken in the presence of another person, ie, nurse or friend or was it the opportunity for a good quick feel--up while being paid for the privilege? 

26 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

50.000 Baht for an alleged fondle ? :smile:  50 Baht would be more appropriate .

That sounds like a Pattaya bar quotation. But I bet the good doctor would readily agree to a reasonable compromise, as long as the rate includes Happy Ending.

39 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

50.000 Baht for an alleged fondle ? :smile:  50 Baht would be more appropriate .

Humorous unless it was your daughter or wife working at the factory. I don't have either so won't argue with your price structure, though in the past my structure has been more of a sliding scale. 

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Was it undertaken in the presence of another person, ie, nurse or friend or was it the opportunity for a good quick feel--up while being paid for the privilege? 

Bingo, that is the correct question to ask.

As a follow up; what is the standard practice for a male doctor doing medical exams on female patients? 

In case he did not follow standard medical procedures, he should be happy he can buy it off with only 550K.

Although it can never hurt to try to lower the price a bit as there is little chance of reputational damage due to the computer crimes act and defamation laws.

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

Humorous unless it was your daughter or wife working at the factory. I don't have either so won't argue with your price structure, though in the past my structure has been more of a sliding scale. 

Probably he wouldn't charge for either considering he rates it at as trivial event, then of course maybe they might have offer money as an incentive. 

35 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Bingo, that is the correct question to ask.

As a follow up; what is the standard practice for a male doctor doing medical exams on female patients? 

In case he did not follow standard medical procedures, he should be happy he can buy it off with only 550K.

Although it can never hurt to try to lower the price a bit as there is little chance of reputational damage due to the computer crimes act and defamation laws.

I wouldn't be surprised if the proper standard procedure for examining women is ignored and dictated specifically by the doctor himself.

I can imagine, having been here for 13 years, visited and been treated at a number of hospitals around the country, seen how doctors are revered, feared and accepted as little gods, that doctors of his ilk would be likely to refuse to have a nurse with him, suggesting that it is his professional standards that counts.

His subordinate nurses would just do as they are told. Dismissal would be the immediate response to an objection. He would be free to do exactly as he thought he could get away with.

Many of these workers would also be extremely reluctant to accuse an eminent doctor of sexual abuse/harrassment, knowing that they would just be ignored or rediculed under the strict libel laws that apply in Thailand.

2 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the proper standard procedure for examining women is ignored and dictated specifically by the doctor himself.

I can imagine, having been here for 13 years, visited and been treated at a number of hospitals around the country, seen how doctors are revered, feared and accepted as little gods, that doctors of his ilk would be likely to refuse to have a nurse with him, suggesting that it is his professional standards that counts.

His subordinate nurses would just do as they are told. Dismissal would be the immediate response to an objection. He would be free to do exactly as he thought he could get away with.

Many of these workers would also be extremely reluctant to accuse an eminent doctor of sexual abuse/harrassment, knowing that they would just be ignored or rediculed under the strict libel laws that apply in Thailand.

Correct, the sooner Thai people understand that medical Dr's (only an honoury title unless they have PhD) are not the be-all and end-all of knowledge are are walking gods only in their own mind. 

4 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

"During their previous annual exams, they said that chest checkups had been done with a stethoscope and that the prescribed mandatory checkups search for 15 diseases, but breast cancer is not one of them. "

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/doctor-accused-fondling-11-pretty-factory-workers-breasts-annual-exam/

Edited by nahkit
Insert Link

11 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

am i the only one that thinks these girls are potentially just trying to get some money. 50k haha, yeah right. he's a doctor, it was an examination, surely he had to check their breasts. 

"During their previous annual exams, they said that chest checkups had been done with a stethoscope and that the prescribed mandatory checkups search for 15 diseases, but breast cancer is not one of them.

Before coming to the police station, the women who had been groped questioned the other women at the factory and realized that not all had been molested. They determined among themselves that only good-looking ones had been groped."

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/doctor-accused-fondling-11-pretty-factory-workers-breasts-annual-exam/

Plenty of reports out there regarding this is you google it.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30332437

Just now, nahkit said:

"During their previous annual exams, they said that chest checkups had been done with a stethoscope and that the prescribed mandatory checkups search for 15 diseases, but breast cancer is not one of them.

Before coming to the police station, the women who had been groped questioned the other women at the factory and realized that not all had been molested. They determined among themselves that only good-looking ones had been groped."

Plenty of reports out there regarding this is you google it.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30332437

fair enough. just read that one article. not googling as doesn't interest me much but thanks for the info. 5k each it is then 5555