Pattaya Ferry service update?

Basil B

Any up date on service, as I recall they had bought more ferries for this service but still doing one service a day. 

Was looking at using the ferry for trip down to Koh Tao next March (Ferry to Hua Hin, then train to Chumphon and the Ferry to Koh Tao) but need to be in Hua Hin well before the 12 noon schedule of the ferry.

14 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

Basil. Don't know about the ferry service from Pattaya but you are not restricted to the train from Hua Hin to Chumpon. Lomprayer who run the ferry's to Koh Tao also run a bus from Bangkok to Chumpon, stopping at Hua Hin.

Yikes. The  benefit of the ferry from Pattaya to Hua Hin is that it saves so much time.

During high season the road to HH is packed and a nightmare. First one has to get through BB which can take 2 hours some days, and then to HH which is 4 hours most days. The ferry is quick and mostly hassle free.

months and months ago the Royal Line purchased 2 extra boats.....named Royal 2 and Royal 3.....what has happened to these..

Also suppose to be new service Satahip to Koh Chang....WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THIS....think IT WAS due to start AFTER MANY TESTS HAD BEEN PERFORMED....like most things the just die a death

3 hours ago, cracker1 said:

Basil. Don't know about the ferry service from Pattaya but you are not restricted to the train from Hua Hin to Chumpon. Lomprayer who run the ferry's to Koh Tao also run a bus from Bangkok to Chumpon, stopping at Hua Hin.

Wanted to avoid busses, as so many reports of thefts from luggage. I will be travelling heavy with my dive gear.

If only there was a earlier sailing then could hook up with the 11:30 express train going south.

Thanks for all replies.:jap:

Archived