Where can I find a Cheeseburger like this here?

Chicagoan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

looks to be beef (and bacon) to me so that would make it a hamburger with cheese.

well, you take it up with the OP and all the others that call it a cheeseburger not a hamburger with cheese

10 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Typical, must revert to try with insults but guess what you I would prefer to take notice of the OP and the other posters on here that know what they call things than you. I know that I have a successful business here making burgers that my customers want and enjoy. I even make cheeseburgers that do not have any salad on them like what the OP is asking about

Okay, fair enough. P{lease tell me, how do you make your beef patties for your burgers?

OK back on topic....OP, There is a steak house half way down Soi Lengkhee

left hand side from Soi Buakhao end..some where near Jolly firers fish n chip

shop...quite a big place and service is excellent...quite expensive though.

but very very nice.

Have a Nice Day

Ate at Steak & Shake for the first time a couple of months ago.  I only eat one burger a year, so it's gotta be good.  It was.  It was cooked perfectly, the onion rings were superb and the little tiny dab of Cole slaw was heaven.

But it took forever, and there was no line.

There's no S&S in Thailand, either. ?

Edited by SiSePuede419
Corrected Autocorrect ?

12 hours ago, ThaiBob said:

I'll be back in USA for Xmas and I love my burgers. Five Guys, In-N-Out, Carl's Jr are pretty much the same as each has their own following. There's a new chain called Habit which I like the best. 

Here in Pattaya,  I enjoy the Steak and Co and LIVV, both feature imported Angus wagyu beef. 

Habit is just branching out.  Has been around quite a while.  Was going to UC Santa Barbara for the Chem E degree in early 80's and ate at the original joint many times and that place had been around for a long time before that.  Yup, gett'n my yearly In-n-Out fix in a couple months!

45 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Habit is just branching out.  Has been around quite a while.  Was going to UC Santa Barbara for the Chem E degree in early 80's and ate at the original joint many times and that place had been around for a long time before that.  Yup, gett'n my yearly In-n-Out fix in a couple months!

You are right the Habit is a southern California chain but I am from the SF Bay area so it is a relatively new experience for us in that area. I do enjoy both. 

On 12/7/2017 at 8:09 AM, craigt3365 said:

It's still heart attack on a plate! LOL

You're thinking about heart attacks when you see that - I'm thinking about indigestion. Lots of bread with meat are amongst the hardest meals to digest.

I have quite a few five guys burgers when I go back to the states. You won’t find one similar here, even back in there for that matter. In and out and shake shack are good also.

99% of the burgers here are a disappoint, some Restaurant owners think they have a good burger but they don’t.  Best I have found here are:

1 HardRock 600bath

2 Hooters 550bath

3 Eden steak Restaurant 190baht On 3rd road between central and north pattaya rd. opposite K-bank. I can’t say enough good things about  his burger. He is a Korean who worked as a cook in a Mahanttan NY steak house for 20 years. So he knows American beef.

4. Jim’s

No others make my list and I’ve tried most of the ones mentioned on this thread already.

2 hours ago, tropo said:

You're thinking about heart attacks when you see that - I'm thinking about indigestion. Lots of bread with meat are amongst the hardest meals to digest.

Agreed!  Love the food while it's going down. Not so happy an hour later.

I have quite a few five guys burgers when I go back to the states. You won’t find one similar here, even back in there for that matter. In and out and shake shack are good also.
 99% of the burgers here are a disappoint, some Restaurant owners think they have a good burger but they don’t.  Best I have found here are:
1 HardRock 600bath
2 Hooters 550bath
3 Eden steak Restaurant 190baht On 3rd road between central and north pattaya rd. opposite K-bank. I can’t say enough good things about  his burger. He is a Korean who worked as a cook in a Mahanttan NY steak house for 20 years. So he knows American beef.
4. Jim’s

No others make my list and I’ve tried most of the ones mentioned on this thread already.

Wow. Interesting tip about Edens.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Good grief. Who cares what they are called or what's in them. Only thing that matters is if we like eating them.

I'll take a gekko's burger over a fast food one any day, but the purists wouldn't like them because I can get a chicken patty if I prefer, as I do.

However, I do like fast food fish burgers, but only when they are on special.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Millions of people obviously disagree. I've never had a problem myself.

Burgers vary greatly. How fast they go down will depend on the proportions of meat and bread, and of course, size.

Edited by tropo

I personally like Jim's Burgers but I can't get friends to go with me because they can't get their traditional American style burger (like the OP's picture). I found the staff accommodating and special ordered a burger medium rare, with lettuce, tomato, etc. Jim's has a variety of specialized burgers.  Steak and Co still my favorite. Someone mentioned Hooters?, a chain in America known for other things but certainly not it's food. 

20171209_142626.jpg

20171209_141139.jpg

20171209_141135.jpg

Edited by ThaiBob

3 hours ago, ThaiBob said:

I personally like Jim's Burgers but I can't get friends to go with me because they can't get their traditional American style burger (like the OP's picture). I found the staff accommodating and special ordered a burger medium rare, with lettuce, tomato, etc. Jim's has a variety of specialized burgers.  Steak and Co still my favorite. Someone mentioned Hooters?, a chain in America known for other things but certainly not it's food. 

20171209_142626.jpg

20171209_141139.jpg

20171209_141135.jpg

How do you eat those burgers? Do you sit on them first? ... or pull them apart and eat them with a knife and fork. That's why McDonald's is so popular - you can eat them with one hand while you're on the go.

The above burgers in image look good at a glance and I guess they are a decent effort but those big tomatoes and mountain of lettuce versus the tiny burger are built to deceive.  A gentle squeeze of that burger top and bottom will make it much more compact.

On 12/7/2017 at 4:19 AM, Rc2702 said:

So whats the fix then?

In bkk. They got a carlsjr? In megabangna but no where near as good as 5G. 

This burger.....I don't know why people like it. It was a major disappointment. I was actually so disappointed that I had a moss burger afterwards....Carl Jr.  sucked that much.

To be perfectly honest, I like Sizzler burgers they have on offer, but they aren't cheap. I rate them 8/10 on  Thailand scale which is a solid 6/10 on a western scale.

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum

Just now, theguyfromanotherforum said:

This burger.....I don't know why people like it. It was a major disappointment. I was actually so disappointed that I had a moss burger afterwards....Carl Jr.  sucked that much.

To be perfectly honest, I like Sizzler burgers they have on offer, but they aren't cheap. I rate them 8/10 on  Thailand scale which is a solid 6/10 on a western scale.

I have never been in a sizzlers. I walked past one today so I'll give it a shot. 8/10 burger sounds very tempting