Where can I find a Cheeseburger like this here?

Chicagoan

23 hours ago, marinediscoking said:

I have quite a few five guys burgers when I go back to the states. You won’t find one similar here, even back in there for that matter. In and out and shake shack are good also.

99% of the burgers here are a disappoint, some Restaurant owners think they have a good burger but they don’t.  Best I have found here are:

1 HardRock 600bath

2 Hooters 550bath

3 Eden steak Restaurant 190baht On 3rd road between central and north pattaya rd. opposite K-bank. I can’t say enough good things about  his burger. He is a Korean who worked as a cook in a Mahanttan NY steak house for 20 years. So he knows American beef.

4. Jim’s

No others make my list and I’ve tried most of the ones mentioned on this thread already.

I'd add Hippo and Havana, both nice places to be as well.

Edited by JSixpack

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On December 8, 2017 at 8:40 AM, marinediscoking said:

I have quite a few five guys burgers when I go back to the states. You won’t find one similar here, even back in there for that matter. In and out and shake shack are good also.

99% of the burgers here are a disappoint, some Restaurant owners think they have a good burger but they don’t.  Best I have found here are:

1 HardRock 600bath

2 Hooters 550bath

3 Eden steak Restaurant 190baht On 3rd road between central and north pattaya rd. opposite K-bank. I can’t say enough good things about  his burger. He is a Korean who worked as a cook in a Mahanttan NY steak house for 20 years. So he knows American beef.

4. Jim’s

No others make my list and I’ve tried most of the ones mentioned on this thread already.

How are the steaks at Eden?

On 12/10/2017 at 5:58 AM, marinediscoking said:

Never tried them but had a really good lion there before.

When it comes to steaks here I only buy the 160 day dry aged Australian ribeyes from Central and cook them myself. They go on sale from time to time. 

160 days?

Nearly half a year.

Are you sure?

How much is it?

2 hours ago, SidJames said:

160 days?

Nearly half a year.

Are you sure?

How much is it?

2250 per kilo, actully they are actually 150 days aged then shrink raped. They also have 120 aged but there is a noticeable taste difference so I don't buy them. With the 150 after they mark them down it works out so a 12oz is 400 baht.

5 hours ago, marinediscoking said:

2250 per kilo, actully they are actually 150 days aged then shrink raped. They also have 120 aged but there is a noticeable taste difference so I don't buy them. With the 150 after they mark them down it works out so a 12oz is 400 baht.

How do you cook it?

I tried my first sous vide recently to great sucess

Still having fond memories of some quiet late night early AM trots back to my hotel, stopping at some of those burger stands that only open up at night.  Cheese burger, lettuce, tomato, onion, french fries and a can of coke.  Just a taste of home.  Sit there and chat with the cook who sometimes has a friend there also killing time or looking for a hook up.  Or just take away, go back to the room, watch some TV.  Just one of those get aways, when you have time to kill, and just relaxing doing nothing.

11 hours ago, SidJames said:

How do you cook it?

I tried my first sous vide recently to great sucess

I have a gas grill. Cracked pepper and ground sea salt padded in before cooking, but I don't over do it. Steaks like these don't need much of anything else. Sous vide would probably be best but out of my budget. Pastrami on rye use to reheat their pastrami that way before serving.

3 hours ago, marinediscoking said:

I have a gas grill. Cracked pepper and ground sea salt padded in before cooking, but I don't over do it. Steaks like these don't need much of anything else. Sous vide would probably be best but out of my budget. Pastrami on rye use to reheat their pastrami that way before serving.

I can set my oven to 55C so I put the steak in a ziplock using water displacement & sucking out the last bit of air with a straw.

I have a glass pyrex dish & a thermometer so get the water to 60C by letting water forom the kettle to cool then pop the seasoned steak into the water & then into the oven for an hour, remove then a very fierce reverse sear & you're done.

You don't even need to rest it.

Worth the aggro with steak as good as yours.