Jump to content

How to change 3BB Router WIFI password


workinghard

Recommended Posts

On mine it's "Network"  which brings up a menu down the side of the screen, then in that menu "Wlan Settings"  then "Advanced".  3BB call the password "Pass Phrase" on mine.  Don't forget to click "Apply"  when you've set it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually it can be very simple! Click on the "start wizard" and that will run you through all the requirements. Of course though you need your existing password! If you don't have that then you go to 3bb and they will print out your password for you....or you can take the modem to 3bb and write down what you want as a password and they will do for you. Remember the password is capitals sensitive! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is simple if you have a bit of nouse.

Otherwise try one of the apps in the pic enclosed.

Several allow you right into the configuration and settings.

Numerous things to do then. 

NORMALLY password is admin and admin.

Or password and password.

Lower case.

IP Tools is good. 

 

Oh... watch for a little quirk thats affecting many logon types or email address types.

Its inserting a space after typing.

Consequently you have to back space one. 

Or you get password rejected etc.

 

Try some of the apps i use.

They are free in Android play store.

 

Screenshot_20171208-183451.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8.12.2017 at 10:31 AM, Pdavies99 said:

Actually it can be very simple! Click on the "start wizard" and that will run you through all the requirements. Of course though you need your existing password! If you don't have that then you go to 3bb and they will print out your password for you....or you can take the modem to 3bb and write down what you want as a password and they will do for you. Remember the password is capitals sensitive! 

 

Shouldn't there be a standard password that came with the machine? If this one was changed and you don't remember it just do a hard reset (factory settings) by holding the reset button somewhere located on the machine for about 20 seconds. 

Now the router should come as new and you can use the password written on the bottom of the machine. If there isn't any, the standard password is usually admin/password/0000 and the username should be 'admin'.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 09/12/2017 at 10:33 AM, wump said:

Shouldn't there be a standard password that came with the machine? If this one was changed and you don't remember it just do a hard reset (factory settings) by holding the reset button somewhere located on the machine for about 20 seconds. 

Now the router should come as new and you can use the password written on the bottom of the machine. If there isn't any, the standard password is usually admin/password/0000 and the username should be 'admin'.

You need your 3bb username and 3bb password so your modem can access your 3bb account, once you have these then it's just a matter of following set up wizard!

 

It's not a matter of setting up the modem, rather accessing your 3bb account via the modem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29.12.2017 at 11:15 AM, Pdavies99 said:

You need your 3bb username and 3bb password so your modem can access your 3bb account, once you have these then it's just a matter of following set up wizard!

 

It's not a matter of setting up the modem, rather accessing your 3bb account via the modem.

Thanks for clearing that up. In this case you just pop into the shop, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, wump said:

Thanks for clearing that up. In this case you just pop into the shop, right?

Yes, take modem with you and smile and ask them to do, easy,....but ask for print out of the username and password for future use.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally, 3bb hardware was typically configured with:

 

Username = admin

Password = 3bb

 

For a while now, most 3bb hardware is issued from their shops setup with:

 

Username = admin

password = last 4 alphanumerics of the devices MAC address (on a label on the back/bottom of modem/router) in lower case where applicable.

 

For example, if my modem/router MAC Address is 88-28-B3-1C-C3-2C, the password is c32c

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2017 at 10:33 AM, wump said:

Shouldn't there be a standard password that came with the machine? If this one was changed and you don't remember it just do a hard reset (factory settings) by holding the reset button somewhere located on the machine for about 20 seconds. 

Now the router should come as new and you can use the password written on the bottom of the machine. If there isn't any, the standard password is usually admin/password/0000 and the username should be 'admin'.

The licensee's firmware issued by modem/router manufacturers for specific, high-volume account users such as 3bb do not retain the manufacturers 'standard' default password and username settings. Typical google searches for Huawei (and other) hardware show these default' settings but unless it's a quite old of bit of hardware, the manufacturer's default settings won't work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...