Non-O Questions

Hi,

I recently got a 1 year,multi entry, Non-O visa based on marriage and I have a few questions:

1. Is it valid for one year from the date I first enter Thailand or the date the visa was issued?
  2. Does this visa allow me to enter and leave Thailand as many times as I want during the visa's validity or is there a limit to the number of entries?
  3. Do I have to leave Thailand at least every 90 days?
  4. Can I wait until the year is almost expired before applying for an extension?
  5. If I can wait until the year is up to apply for the extension, should I put 400,000 baht in a regular Thai bank account in the 10th month?

After reading other threads I think I know the answers to one or two of those questions, but would be more grateful for confirmation.

Thanks!

1. One year from the date it is issued.
  2. There is no limit on the number of entries.
  3. Yes, unless you apply for a 1 year or 60 day extension of stay.
  4. Yes. If you make a final entry just before the visa expires you will receive a final 90 day permit to stay. At the end of the 90 days you could apply for a 1 year extension of stay, OR a 60 day extension followed by a 1 year extension.
  5. The 400K needs to be in the bank for at least 2 months prior to the date you apply for the 1 year extension.
Edited by elviajero
  • Thanks 1