A.I.S. told gf to turn off “Find My Iphone”

lemonjelly

So, gf has AIS phone insurance, in case of damage she has to pay only 25% of repair/replacement costs. She dropped Iphone 7s couple of days ago, (screen shattered) contacted AIS just now who told gf they will replace phone, gf has to pay @9,000 baht, she can keep the broken phone but has to turn “Find My Iphone” off now; the new phone will arrive in post in a few days. I’m trying to work out why AIS told her to turn off Find My Iphone on her broken phone...... anyone know?

Sent from my house using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 09/12/2017 at 3:09 PM, lemonjelly said:

So, gf has AIS phone insurance, in case of damage she has to pay only 25% of repair/replacement costs. She dropped Iphone 7s couple of days ago, (screen shattered) contacted AIS just now who told gf they will replace phone, gf has to pay @9,000 baht,

So a replacement screen for an Iphone 7s is 36000 Baht then?

More than the phone would cost.

Thanks for replying, I’m still a bit confused though as she apparently gets to keep the busted phone

Sent from my house using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, 2008bangkok said:

She is getting a whole new phone for 9000 not just a replacement screen.

I understand, but first of all that would mean that since the OP pays only 25% of the cost a new Iphone 7s is 3600 Baht. It's half that price.

Secondly, why would one accept the cost of a new phone when only screen is cracked?

30 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I understand, but first of all that would mean that since the OP pays only 25% of the cost a new Iphone 7s is 3600 Baht. It's half that price.

Secondly, why would one accept the cost of a new phone when only screen is cracked?

There are some discrepancies i know the 128gb version is on there website for 25k for new customers and 31k for everybody else but Im sure you can get it cheaper elseware.

You are correct id get a new screen for about 4k rather than pay 9 for new phone.

31 minutes ago, dave moir said:

Someone doesn't read!!! They're not replacing the screen they're  replacing the phone! 

Seems it isn't me who doesn't read, because I answered that already.

So a new Iphone 7s is 36000 Baht? I don't think so because as far as I can Google , AIS doesn't have an Iphone 7s.

And since the OP doesn't mention which ROM version the phone is, even the 7 Plus 128Gb is much cheaper than that.

You need to turn off find my iPhone to transfer all the settings to the new phone.

Had to do this recently for the wife’s iPhone when it developed a fault.

i do suggest that once you have all the details transferred across you delete everything on the phone before sending it back.

Actually, I think it’s 30% she has to cover, not 25%.... and sorry about the “iPhone 7s”... it’s of course the 7+... 128GB.... I don’t know how much Apple would charge for a replacement screen..... we didn’t want a dodgy generic screen as she’s dependent on the phone for her business.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, lemonjelly said:

Actually, I think it’s 30% she has to cover, not 25%.... and sorry about the “iPhone 7s”... it’s of course the 7+... 128GB.... I don’t know how much Apple would charge for a replacement screen..... we didn’t want a dodgy generic screen as she’s dependent on the phone for her business.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Holy Moly. If my work phone carried repair/replacement costs like these I would be up to 300k already. If the phone is essential for business then you need a more sensible solution.

• 2 months later...
On 12/12/2017 at 5:21 PM, krabi local said:

You need to turn off find my iPhone to transfer all the settings to the new phone.

Had to do this recently for the wife’s iPhone when it developed a fault.

i do suggest that once you have all the details transferred across you delete everything on the phone before sending it back.

No, you do not. Having "find my iPhone" on or off makes no difference as to the ability to transfer data or settings.

Having it it turned on only affects the ability of someone who does not have the Apple ID password to use the phone once it has been wiped. Without the password (or disabling find my iPhone) you have a brick

No, you do not. Having "find my iPhone" on or off makes no difference as to the ability to transfer data or settings.

Having it it turned on only affects the ability of someone who does not have the Apple ID password to use the phone once it has been wiped. Without the password (or disabling find my iPhone) you have a brick

Just quoting the guys at Apple Shop in Singapore who obviously don’t know as much as you about iPhones.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived