How do you say "on pace"?

kikenyoy

I just ask a Thai :

กำลังดำเนินงานตามแผน และจะเสร็จให้ทันเวลา

ดำเนินงานตามแผน work is going to plan ....

โครงการเป็นที่น่าพอใจ I am satisfied with the progress of the project ...and will be finished on time.

You can say deadline if you like, I avoided asking for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Sweet memory 80s said:

"Work is going on according to the plan" sounds quite formal to be report  to your boss in the formal meeting ( to my opinion) .For a less formal thais would rather say "ไม่ติดขัดอะไร" (no any obstruction found) and may be followed by that words "as planned".

I think that my friend gave an interpretetion of what "on pace" meant.  This is the danger of "how do you say this in Thai" questions, they tend to substitute Thai for English. 

There are some useful words there, I don't suggest that the words have to be followed slavishly because it is often necessary to form an entire sentence then reduce it taking into consideration known information. 

ตามทันกับแผนงาน  might be an answer. จังหวะงานพอสมควร, there must be lots of ways of saying it in Thai. 

จะเสร็จก่อนเวลาที่ได้กำหนดไว้ 

Do you see a verb in  ไม่ติดขัดอะไร ? Your Enlish has 'found' as the verb. 

I don't see ติดขัด as a transitive verb personally so can't make อะไร fit. 

The examples I have are กรุงเทพ ๆ ติดขัด... , จราจรติดขัด are from the RID, possibly behind modern usage. 

"ไม่ติดขัดอะไร"  is quite a normal phrase regular people use nowaday. Can be both written and spoken language.

(สิ่งที่กระทำนั้น)ไม่ติดขัดอะไร

Literally > (That activity is) not being obstructed by anything.

ไม่ติดขัด+(โดย,ด้วย)+อะไร (means บางสิ่งบางอย่าง)

I understood the expression but is it isn’t Central Thai? 

ไม่มีอะไรติดขัด  is standard. 

The reason being that ติดขัด means that no progress is possible, physically that would be if the traffic was not moving, the situation would be ติดขัด.  On the subject of การงาน The boss might ask, มีอะไรติดขัดไหม for something affecting performance or ติดขัดไหม ขัดข้องไหม if you didn’t agree to do something. 

The verb is intransitive, you cannot ติดขัด (bring to a halt?) something, it is brought to a halt.

That is my understanding but I am sure that most people will understand any expressions which includes the word ติดขัด just as we can understand;  “Is there impediment anything?”. I also half believe that native speakers will not correct us out of politeness and, because Thai syntax is more of an add on than fundemental to the language, because they are able to. ติดขัด can be understood as transitive verb, intransitive verb, noun, plural, singular, present, past depending on context and a willingness to work at understanding. 

So there, I have destroyed my own argument!  I do that only because I have found that people don’t do it when they have the chance. 

Archived