Trouble free Non O Multiple entry from Savannakhet based on marriage

I went recently. As with the poster very quick and easy. No queues.  However according to the locals the Thai government's clamp down on tourist visas has reduced "customers" from about 100 a day to less than 30. If that is the case then they should be able to issue visas on the same day. Just hoping !!!

• Like 1

What a real pain, the retirement is much simpler and you don't have to leave. When is Thailand going to give those married to Thais a break? There are many countries which grant citizenship to anyone married to a citizen; there are other countries which grant free and automatic visas to anyone married to a citizen; there are many more countries where the spouse can stay in the country much easier than here in Thailand. And, of course, there are even more countries where you do not even have to be married to a local to stay in that country. Does Thailand really have so much to offer that it is worth it? It must be, why else would so many be here?

• Thanks 1

SO how about the rules of foreigner must have more then 400000 bath income AND have 400000 bath on bankaccount? It used to be 400000 bath income together, but i red now specially only the husband?!  

All is still in the old ways then? New rules not yet ruling or only ruling when you marry now?

2 hours ago, smotherb said:

What a real pain, the retirement is much simpler and you don't have to leave. When is Thailand going to give those married to Thais a break? There are many countries which grant citizenship to anyone married to a citizen; there are other countries which grant free and automatic visas to anyone married to a citizen; there are many more countries where the spouse can stay in the country much easier than here in Thailand. And, of course, there are even more countries where you do not even have to be married to a local to stay in that country. Does Thailand really have so much to offer that it is worth it? It must be, why else would so many be here?

Agree but still many foreigner choise Thailand. Any other choise in Southeast Asia?

Edited by sananeamk0715

9 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

SO how about the rules of foreigner must have more then 400000 bath income AND have 400000 bath on bankaccount? It used to be 400000 bath income together, but i red now specially only the husband?!  

All is still in the old ways then? New rules not yet ruling or only ruling when you marry now?

It is 40k baht monthly income or 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 month to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage . There is no and in the rules. The income or the money in the bank must be the husbands.

13 minutes ago, waxpro said:

This multiple entries visa valid for a year? 

What if no marriage registration cert, instead have the court paper to be the guardian of 3 children, what they call fatherhood document or some kind of, 

If you are the father of a Thai you can get a multiple entry non-o visa in Penang if you can show 400k baht in the bank or income. Savannakhet will not do one.

If you are the legal father of them by way of marriage or legitimization of you parenthood you can apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration.

10 hours ago, sananeamk0715 said:

Agree but still many foreigner choise Thailand. Any other choise in Southeast Asia?

Well, depends on what you want. Civil, technological and social infrastructure is better in Thailand, but Cambodia, Vietnam and the Philippines seem less hassle for staying, just a fee. In the PI, you get a free one-year visa on arrival, if married to a local. Simply plan a trip out of the PI every year for continuous free visas or pay a fee and get yearly extensions.

28 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Well, depends on what you want. Civil, technological and social infrastructure is better in Thailand, but Cambodia, Vietnam and the Philippines seem less hassle for staying, just a fee. In the PI, you get a free one-year visa on arrival, if married to a local. Simply plan a trip out of the PI every year for continuous free visas or pay a fee and get yearly extensions.

Yeah I guess so. I mean easy about visa for example unlimited tourist visa. For example 6 months tourist visa only pay 5.000 Baht etc. and stay there. or 3 months visa they give without any problem etc.

2 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

Yeah I guess so. I mean easy about visa for example unlimited tourist visa. For example 6 months tourist visa only pay 5.000 Baht etc. and stay there. or 3 months visa they give without any problem etc.

Not sure of the exact fees--all you have to do is research it--but you can stay as long as you want for a fee; usually without 90 day reports or turnarounds, stacks of paperwork, or giving personal financial information.

1 minute ago, smotherb said:

Not sure of the exact fees--all you have to do is research it--but you can stay as long as you want for a fee; usually without 90 day reports or turnarounds, stacks of paperwork, or giving personal financial information.

Yeah I feel like Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines money working but need to search.

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is 40k baht monthly income or 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 month to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage . There is no and in the rules. The income or the money in the bank must be the husbands.

If i see on https://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-visa/Thailand-Marriage-Visa.php

they say OR

If i see on http://www.thaiimmigration.net/marriage-visa-for-thailand.html

they say AND

If i see on http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/thailand-visa-types.php

They say retirement visa (if 50+) + being married with Thai woman. In other sections they tell less but finally overall requirements arent mentioned. Telling even more then the 400 kbaht, as retirement asks 800 kbaht. However retirement is total bank &/or income, just 1 thing is enough and mariage you NEED monthly income, though depending who is writing the truth. immigration or siam legal. Or Thai embassy totally different? However if you come up with the term mariage you get a page, including term mariage as link to siam legal, so SIAM legal is the right one?

Im soooooo flabbergasted.

Last year i red 40 kbaht/month as couple, yours is something different again. But then this year as above and then even free interpretation in the ways i found. All had to do with abuse of mariage visa and to stay in the kingdom on lower requirements. I really wouldnt know now what is working.

9 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Last year i red 40 kbaht/month as couple, yours is something different again. But then this year as above and then even free interpretation in the ways i found. All had to do with abuse of mariage visa and to stay in the kingdom on lower requirements. I really wouldnt know now what is working.

Those are not real immigration websites they are run by a law firm which you also posted a link to.

Here a link to the official Thai immigration website that has the correct info for an extension based upon marriage. 

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_18

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income
of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in
Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

From 2006 to 2008 the wife's income could be used but a police order issued in 2008 did away with.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Those are not real immigration websites they are run by a law firm which you also posted a link to.

Here a link to the official Thai immigration website that has the correct info for an extension based upon marriage. 

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_18

From 2006 to 2008 the wife's income could be used but a police order issued in 2008 did away with.

Thanks Joe, i thought they were official sites as they pop up when questioning. I should have known as they miss the go.th indication. Not so very nice from those "law" firms then. Thanks for pointing me !!