Numchai?

SidJames

Went in there on the first day of the sale, with 25k to spend on a new TV  Difficult to park but not so many shoppers on the inside, I guess parking all taken up by the auxiliary sales staff in red shirts.

Tried to discuss options with the salesperson and my wife when a women on a mic started shouting so loudly we could not discuss pros and cons of a particular model even six inches from each other.

Walked out with 25k still intact. :sad:...... Shame because its a great shop. 

From my experience, it's best to shop around.  I've found wildly different prices even at different PowerBuy stores! 

The PowerBuy shop on Klang is quite good.  Worth heading to the various HomePro/Works stores also.  Try the Hafele store on Suk also.  Ask for a discount.

If you are up for the drive, Global House has a pretty good selection.  But a long drive.

Numchai is good also, but sometimes, you can find better deals elsewhere.  Shop around!

Good luck.

I wanted to buy a new TV, and everyone advised me to go to Num Chai, so I looked around and went there last.

In the end Tesco Lotus on North Road had the best deals, and I bought there.

I even showed the Num Chai sales assistants what Tesco had, and they said they could not match that.

19 hours ago, i claudius said:

Always use them 1st class service if you have a problem. Also their air con engineers are good just used them

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think Numchai is better on service as well, easy to deal with. And I also just had their air con guys out for a routine visit. Came early, worked efficiently, finished quickly for B450.

But of course YMMV.

I wanted to buy a new TV, and everyone advised me to go to Num Chai, so I looked around and went there last.

In the end Tesco Lotus on North Road had the best deals, and I bought there.

I even showed the Num Chai sales assistants what Tesco had, and they said they could not match that.
Yes but if it goes wrong will Tesco send out a mechanic to fix it or will you have to return it and wait weeks ?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 hours ago, i claudius said:

Yes but if it goes wrong will Tesco send out a mechanic to fix it or will you have to return it and wait weeks ?

Exactly, I have never had to wait more than two days to get a service man in from Numchai and so far everyone of them has known exactly what to do.  And if they can't fix it on site they will deal with the traffic getting to and from their service shop

I bought a washing machine from Numchai for 8000 baht. Just over one year old it packed in, with the control panel flashing all over the place. Called in Numchai  'experts' for 400 baht call out fee.  They took a look at it with a hand held gizmo and announced it needed a new panel and quoted me 6000 baht. They suggested I might be better off buying a new machine. I declined.  Then investigated and repaired it myself for 350 baht part obtained on line from China.  (Water level sensor).

Maybe Numchal is the bees knees for sales but watch the 'after sales service'