a very simple question for CM immigration they can't seem to answer

daoyai

I sent my 90 day report via post yesterday but forgot to include my last receipt .... so called today to ask what to do, should I send it today, or maybe better to just resend everything? simple question... answer you you need to call this number... ok, I called but it is not a number to a phone that is turned on... called main Imm. number again was told keep trying, "they are very busy at that office"...  been trying all day, no luck.  so simple a question, they can not answer :saai:

^^^ probably the best thing to do ,  I just wanted to know what was their standard procedure for a missing document, my farang logic is to just send the missing doc. separately but that may just confuse them... that is why I wanted to speak to someone there.

You surely have copies of all the docs you already sent so what is the difference between sending 1 copy of the missing document and adding the others. (apart from printing out the previous versions)

Even in my home country I would not trust any "official" in any organisation to be trusted to connect my previous documents with my "new" additional ones.  There is every chance the original incomplete documents will have been binned while they either send you a reminder to send in the correct docs or just ignore your submission as incomplete.

The cry in business is to "keep the paper trail complete".  Do not fragment it and expect others to put your error(s) back together.

I was at CM Imm. yesterday (Tuesday) to obtain a re-entry permit for a trip that came up suddenly.  It was an absolute madhouse, totally packed to the rafters and the staff worked overtime until 7 pm to clear out everyone.  It's wonder they didn't have the time to answer phones or answer odd questions.  Remember Monday was a holiday.

The answer is obvious -- resend everything.  

Incidentally, they were checking for TM30s at the desk that issues re-entry permits and sending people upstairs to sort the problem if they didn't have a TM30 receipt in their passport.  I doubt they refuse to issue a re-entry permit to someone without a TM30 receipt at the airport.

In answer the to question of why I didn't just get my re-entry permit at the airport, I decided to obtain my re-entry permit in advance because I'm traveling with someone in a wheelchair and I don't want to have to take my attention away from him while I get a re-entry permit at the airport and I'm afraid that check-in could take longer than anticipated due to his condition (i.e. sometimes the airline gives extra scrutiny to wheelchair passengers about whether they're fit-to-fly.

22 hours ago, daoyai said:

^^^ probably the best thing to do ,  I just wanted to know what was their standard procedure for a missing document, my farang logic is to just send the missing doc. separately but that may just confuse them... that is why I wanted to speak to someone there.

In thailand apply thai logic.....

3 hours ago, NancyL said:

Incidentally, they were checking for TM30s at the desk that issues re-entry permits and sending people upstairs to sort the problem if they didn't have a TM30 receipt in their passport.  I doubt they refuse to issue a re-entry permit to someone without a TM30 receipt at the airport.

In answer the to question of why I didn't just get my re-entry permit at the airport, I decided to obtain my re-entry permit in advance because I'm traveling with someone in a wheelchair and I don't want to have to take my attention away from him while I get a re-entry permit at the airport and I'm afraid that check-in could take longer than anticipated due to his condition (i.e. sometimes the airline gives extra scrutiny to wheelchair passengers about whether they're fit-to-fly.

Thanks for that detailed information about your travel plans... I am sure everyone is very interested in your life. 

9 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Thanks for that detailed information about your travel plans... I am sure everyone is very interested in your life. 

Actually, yes there are people here on Thai Visa who would question why I'm at Immigration (they think I have some sort of crusade against them) and would make a snide comment about why don't I just get a re-entry permit at the airport.  Thought I'd head 'em off at the pass.

3 hours ago, chuang said:

In thailand apply thai logic.....

23 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Even in my home country I would not trust any "official" in any organisation to be trusted to connect my previous documents with my "new" additional ones.

Not just Thailand - happens in bureaucracies everywhere.

In Canada, to purchase or sell or trade firearms, you need a PAL i.e. purchase and acquisition license.

Before mine expired in May, I applied for a new one. Got a message from my son - it arrived today.

Makes CNX Immigration seem blindingly fast ... so quit whining

3 hours ago, NancyL said:

Actually, yes there are people here on Thai Visa who would question why I'm at Immigration (they think I have some sort of crusade against them) and would make a snide comment about why don't I just get a re-entry permit at the airport.  Thought I'd head 'em off at the pass.

I think some of them would just try and block your re-entry!

Maybe via one of our their Visa Agencies. But I promise it would not be me.  I like our little tussles too much to see you leave us.

PS; Is the Malay move off indefinitely now?

(Just to prove that some of us are interested in your immigration movements.)

40 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Not just Thailand - happens in bureaucracies everywhere.

In Canada, to purchase or sell or trade firearms, you need a PAL i.e. purchase and acquisition license.

Before mine expired in May, I applied for a new one. Got a message from my son - it arrived today.

Makes CNX Immigration seem blindingly fast ... so quit whining

In many ways I find it easier to deal with bureaucracies by always supplying a copy of everything with all the accompanying references tabbed and fully cross referenced etc, especially if they have only asked for one small missing detail.

If they then asked for more detail I just ask for a copy of everything back that I have already sent them as I am unaware of what is missing and a copy, not a reference, of whatever it is that the job smith states that they require this extra detail for before proceeding.

I do not accept "I require" I insist on chapter and verse of where it is laid down. Of course only do this for something that is non urgent. Works great where you are allowed to state legally "the application/documentation is under consideration" scenario or you are off abroad and time is no object to you.

Archived