Marriage Certificate

XGM

We married some years ago in Khet Bang Rak, Bangkok. If I recall correctly, we received 2 original marriage certificates. Probably lost one of them.

I need to provide an original marriage certificate for a process at a foreign embassy, they keep it, so I don't want to give away the one I have. My questions are:

1. What is required in order to receive another original (not a notarized copy or anything similar)?

2. Can it be done only in the Khet that issued the certificate or also elsewhere? we currently live in Chiang Mai.

3. If only there, do I need to go with my wife or can I arrive without her?

Ok, firstly you can go by yourself to any amphur, as the information is held online,

but you will need a signed copy of her id card.

But you will not be getting another “original” certificate, it will be an A4 copy with their stamp on it.

Hope this helps.

HL

As said there are only 2 original marriage certificates and they can not be re-issued AFAIK.  Can not believe an Embassy would require keeping such a document as they have no ownership.  Should only be an MFA registered copy (+translation?) I suspect.

The Kor Ror 2 should be in computer and available for download at any Amphur I believe.

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

As said there are only 2 original marriage certificates and they can not be re-issued AFAIK.  Can not believe an Embassy would require keeping such a document as they have no ownership.  Should only be an MFA registered copy (+translation?) I suspect.

The Kor Ror 2 should be in computer and available for download at any Amphur I believe.

I am familiar with the MFA process, this is another case. Actually the embassy isn't necessarily involved, the submission of the documents is done directly to the ministry of interior of the foreign country, of which I am a citizen (second citizenship). And, apparently they don't need the marriage certificate but the Kor Ror 2 that has more information - but, I will know for sure once it's done.

Regarding the Kor Ror 2, we now checked with the Khet, it's correct, it can be issued in any Amphur since the marriage were registered 10 years ago. For marriages that were registered many years ago, the info may not be in the system.

Archived