BLU Ray Rental

tigerbeer

It seems all of the rental shops have closed which is a disappointment. Change of the times I guess. Although we don't have a device that plays Blu Ray, we watch DVD's and now buy them from the shop in Airport Plaza or on eBay. We only buy the real discs and not Chinese copies.

Have you searched google in Thai language? There are quite a number of websites where you can buy blu ray discs from. Possibly the shop in Airport Plaza ground floor has them too. I realize you are looking for rentals but my guess is that all the rental shops are gone now.

8 hours ago, elektrified said:

It seems all of the rental shops have closed which is a disappointment. Change of the times I guess. Although we don't have a device that plays Blu Ray, we watch DVD's and now buy them from the shop in Airport Plaza or on eBay. We only buy the real discs and not Chinese copies.

Have you searched google in Thai language? There are quite a number of websites where you can buy blu ray discs from. Possibly the shop in Airport Plaza ground floor has them too. I realize you are looking for rentals but my guess is that all the rental shops are gone now.

yes that shop downstairs is awesome prices for bly ray discs. its nice to have family time watching movies on a nice size screen at home that has proper HD content. Figured we normally watch only once so better to rent. but like you said times have changed. everyone downloads and watches for free. thank you for your reply. 

Edited by tigerbeer

I have not done it yet but The place I use went underground. You have to request on LINE meet somewhere to get the dics, then drop off at a Beauty shop.
Why? They carry r-rated western movies, great selection. Can’t afford to be raided.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:18 PM, canthai55 said:

There are still people who use DVD's ?? Who woulda thunk it ...

You assume everyone has or wants internet access. Where I used to live back home internet was outrageously expensive so I didn't use it ( probably a good thing too, as I waste far too much of my life on line ), but I did have DVDs to watch after work.

In LOS when I was with my wife I refused to have internet in the house as too easy just to waste all day looking at mind junk, but I enjoyed my dvd collection. I'm using wifi now though, as it helps to get through the day after a bitter divorce, but I still have DVDs.

17 hours ago, canthai55 said:

I assume most people would rather get a huge selection for free.

Don't want Internet - who woulda thunk it.

While wildly off topic, it is true that some people regard the internet as the means by which big business seeks to enslave us as consumers, and inherently evil.

17 hours ago, canthai55 said:

I assume most people would rather get a huge selection for free.

Don't want Internet - who woulda thunk it.

How does anyone get "a huge selection for free", and does that mean without paying the people that made the movies?

Not paying is theft and those that do so criminals.

56 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How does anyone get "a huge selection for free", and does that mean without paying the people that made the movies?

Not paying is theft and those that do so criminals.

I agree (being a copyright holder myself). Just because people steal our work and post it for free on illegal websites, doesn't mean it's O.K. and everyone else should steal it too!

1 hour ago, grin said:

Am I missing something here? How many people have broadband internet here that can match the highest bit rate of blu-ray Ultra HD triple layer disc players? They can play up to 128 Mbits/second.

apparently many can. 

2 hours ago, grin said:

Am I missing something here? How many people have broadband internet here that can match the highest bit rate of blu-ray Ultra HD triple layer disc players? They can play up to 128 Mbits/second.

Simple.

Download and copy to your own Blu-ray Ultra HD triple layer disc if that is your wish. Then watch when you want.

PS; if the playback is not buffering what has "they can play up to 128Mbits/second" got to do with this?