Bangkok begins repair work on Ladprao intersection bridge

webfact

Bangkok begins repair work on Ladprao intersection bridge

PNSOC601213001000801.jpg

BANGKOK, 13th December 2017 (NNT) – The Bangkok Highways Department has begun maintenance work on the Ladprao Intersection flyover bridge after discovering damage to its metal structure and will be closing one lane each night while allowing all lanes to stay open during the day. 

Authorities of the Bangkok Highways Department have moved heavy machinery to the Ladprao Intersection Bridge to begin the repair work on its inbound Vipavadee side, its lanes heading towards Saphan Kwai and the side heading towards Suthisarn. The work was prompted by the recent discovery of tears in an area of the bridge’s metal structure. 

Road closures began at 10 o'clock last night with only one lane on each side of the bridge left operating. The undertaking is estimated to take three days to finish but work will only be done between 10 pm and 5:30 am each night. 

All lanes of the bridge will be open during the day time with engineers posted at the bridge to monitor its safety. They have been authorized to shut down the bridge if any danger is posed.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-12-13

One thing I've noticed over the past 10 years here in Thailand is the constant road repair.  A good example is 1317 near my home.  Made it 4 lane from 2, and as soon as they were done, I told my wife, I'd give it year, tops, before they have to start filling in holes and doing patch jobs.  It took less than that.  

In the U.S. if they built a road such as 1317, it might be 10 years before they would have to do any type of repair, and then only minor things.  Same with Europe and other "developed" countries.  

But in Thailand they build roads, especially highways, as cheaply as they can, pocketing as much money as they can skim, then make more big bucks repairing the crap they built to begin with. 

Ahhh, yes, Amazing Thailand.