Another 90 Day Reporting Question

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not true.

If they don't see a report receipt in your passport and check their records to confirm you had not done them you would be fined 2000 baht or up to the max fine of 5000 baht.

Ah ok, mate.

I was supposed to go on 8th Dec but time has really flown this year (in a good way) and I completely forgot.

Am I correct in my understanding that I pretty much have until tomorrow (15th Dec) to do it without being fined?

2 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

Am I correct in my understanding that I pretty much have until tomorrow (15th Dec) to do it without being fined?

Today is the last day you can do the report without being fined. The 7 days includes the report date when they count them.

During my extensions times I have seldom done a 90d report, because I travelled a lot, so no need for it as the 90d cycle starts again when reentering the country. Never had an issue with immigration.

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, wobalt said:

During my extensions times I have seldom done a 90d report, because I travelled a lot, so no need for it as the 90d cycle starts again when reentering the country. Never had an issue with immigration.

Obviously.

If you don't need to do them because you're not here for 90 days why would you have a problem with Immigration?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not true.

If they don't see a report receipt in your passport and check their records to confirm you had not done them you would be fined 2000 baht or up to the max fine of 5000 baht.

Last year when I renewed my retirement extension at CW I was a couple of weeks overdue for the last 90 day report and assumed (wrongly) that the new extension would (a) count as reporting and (b) that the count would start again.  Even though I had not reported (I didn't keep the overdue receipt in the passport, neither did I mention it to the IO) there was no issue, not even any mention of it and my extension was given. 

There was, however an issue 90 days later when I tried to do the next report by post; it was returned with a note that it couldn't be processed due to the last missed one and that I needed to report in person to do it and be fined B2000.

Not fancying presenting myself as guilty at CW I ignored that note, and all the next reports, until just before I had to get a new extension this year.  An agent brought my reports up to date in time for the cost of one missed report fine and B1000.

can someone tell me how far in advance you can do the 90 day report ?  my plans are still a bit tentative but i may be doing my first 90 day report.  i'd be going to CW in bangkok.  i'm thinking i could go to CW before i go to DMK to catch a domestic flight leaving at 14:00.  my report will be due in late january but i'd like to do it jan 9 or 16.  i assume the wait time for completing the report/visit is not very long (1 hour at CW ?).

6 minutes ago, buick said:

can someone tell me how far in advance you can do the 90 day report ?  my plans are still a bit tentative but i may be doing my first 90 day report.  i'd be going to CW in bangkok.  i'm thinking i could go to CW before i go to DMK to catch a domestic flight leaving at 14:00.  my report will be due in late january but i'd like to do it jan 9 or 16.  i assume the wait time for completing the report/visit is not very long (1 hour at CW ?).

You can do your report up to 15 days early.

Allow at least a couple of hours to do the report at CW.

• Like 1