Ubon Ratchatani teaching jobs

tideout

Greetings.

I'm anticipating another trip to Thailand this Spring I've been a number of times including a trip to Udon Thani quite awhile ago. I'd like to relocate there from Vietnam where I currently work as an English Teacher. I have over a decade's worth of experience, certification etc.. I'm wondering if there are some schools in the Ubon Ratchatani area that may hire foreigners?

Thanks for any thoughts on it.

Tide

Yes....there are several that do. I forget his name off hand at the moment but the Frenchman that owns the Bliss Hotel in Ubon city is well connected in the town and knows at least one school director, likely more. He is a very affable guy and I'm sure if you contact him thru the hotel (which is a great place to stay BTW) he can give you the word on what might be possible.

37 minutes ago, tonray said:

Yes....there are several that do. I forget his name off hand at the moment but the Frenchman that owns the Bliss Hotel in Ubon city is well connected in the town and knows at least one school director, likely more. He is a very affable guy and I'm sure if you contact him thru the hotel (which is a great place to stay BTW) he can give you the word on what might be possible.

Thanks Tonray. It's good to know there are several possibilities. I know the pay would be less than I'm making in Vietnam but at some point you have to go with what motivates you right!?!?

9 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

If you have a degree, jobs will be more plentiful.
Good luck, Ubon’s a nice place to live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks DILLIGAD, I appreciate the encouraging news. I've got a 4 year degree from the US and recognized TESOL certificate, old FBI background check (my current police check in 'Nam is more locally based (if you want to call it a check). I did spend a bit of time in Issan and really liked the people up there.

10 minutes ago, tideout said:

Thanks DILLIGAD, I appreciate the encouraging news. I've got a 4 year degree from the US and recognized TESOL certificate, old FBI background check (my current police check in 'Nam is more locally based (if you want to call it a check).

Perhaps check with Assumption College Ubon. They might be looking for native English speakers for the next term that starts in May.

Generally, colleges/universities pay less money but you (normally) don’t need to be there 9>5 if you have no lessons (I don’t). Accommodation is sometimes a feature although rent isn’t too expensive anyways.

P.s. Don’t expect any of them to be well organized !!

4 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Generally, colleges/universities pay less money but you (normally) don’t need to be there 9>5 if you have no lessons (I don’t). Accommodation is sometimes a feature although rent isn’t too expensive anyways.

Assumption College is all grades from kindergarten and up. The name is a little misleading. My 14 year old daughter goes to school there.

Assumption College is all grades from kindergarten and up. The name is a little misleading. My 14 year old daughter goes to school there.

My place in SSK is getting that way too. My mates who work in the Kindergarten (Demonstration school) are on a very good wage too, but they do work long hours, which doesn’t suit me!

Tideout, a lot of the (Ubon) Teachers seem to frequent ‘Outside Inn’ in town. It’s a great place IMO and maybe a good place to make some contacts.