What visa for multiple trips per year

My plans are to spend 4 months in Winter in Thailand and twice a 6 week period in April and around August.

After reading the forum and checking the embassy here in German (I have Dutch nationality by the way) it seems that a Non immigrant O with multiple entries for over 50 years would be sufficient for me and i don't have to bother with the OA visa ? A few questions :

• The O has a validity of a year with 90 day entries each time. Can i get in on the last day of the Visa and still get 90 days, just like the OA gets a year in the same way ?
  • Since i plan a small trip to another country each 4 month period in winter, i should be fine with getting a new 90 day stamp in the middle of that 4 month period ?
  • Can this O visa be extended each year or do i have to ask a new one ?

It will save me all the paperwork for the OA and the trips to my own embassy for the proof of income, or parking 800.000 Baht in a Thai bank, and still give me what i want if i am correct.

Maybe i overlooked something, thanks for all answers !

"Non immigrant O with multiple entries for over 50" are harder to get these days at some locations.  You will need to see if the embassy you have in mind offers them at all - and will give you one - and, if they offer them, what they require. 

If you can get it, you will be able to use non-Thai bank-funds to meet the financials.

Yes, you can enter on the "enter before" date and get another 90-days - same as any Multiple-Entry visa.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, i checked with the Embassy in Berlin and apart from the form they only require a proof of income above 1200 Euro a month and a copy of your first flight. I can also apply for an OA Visa just requires more documentation. German and Dutch nationals, like myself, are treated the same. 

However if it's not certain, i will have to go for the OA and do all the extra paper work. 

Here they want medical statement, police statement, CV and a bunch of copies of everything.

Edited by WhatsNext
  • Like 1

If they will issue the multiple entry Non O, that is always much simpler than the O-A, and would seem well suited to your needs.

You can apply for a one-year extension of stay (based on retirement) if you have entered Thailand using a Non O or Non-OA.  For that, financial proof of 800K baht would need to be in a Thai bank. If it is difficult to get multiple entry Non O visas in Germany in the future, the extension (together with a re-entry permit) might be a good way to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will do just that then, thanks. Next trip is end of January for 4 weeks so will just use the normal 30 day waiver.

Then for the first year with 6,6,16 weeks starting April will get me the Non O "over 50" 90 days followed by the one year extensions for retirement with a multiple re-entry permit. Maybe there is a good visa agency in Jomtien as i don't mind paying some extra for comfort. 

My retirement income is above 65k a month so i don't even have to park the 800k.

The ultimate in comfort would be the Thai Elite for 10 years but i rather spend the 800k that that costs, in another way inside Thailand. 

Edited by WhatsNext

5 hours ago, WhatsNext said:

Maybe there is a good visa agency in Jomtien as i don't mind paying some extra for comfort. 

Lots of Pattaya agents, but I would suggest you prepare all your own docs, including your financials, to ensure the extension you get with the agent is done 100% legally.  Keep copies of everything, and be sure you go in-person with the agent to get the final stamp at the immigration office. 

Some agents are reported to have an "arrangement" with immigration to overlook some requirements, which could lead to trouble down the road if there is ever an investigation of this.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

Lots of Pattaya agents, but I would suggest you prepare all your own docs, including your financials, to ensure the extension you get with the agent is done 100% legally.  Keep copies of everything, and be sure you go in-person with the agent to get the final stamp at the immigration office. 

Some agents are reported to have an "arrangement" with immigration to overlook some requirements, which could lead to trouble down the road if there is ever an investigation of this.

as long as you get and keep receipts for the government fees, ie 2,000 baht, 1,900 baht etc then there is no problem down the line.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, steve187 said:

as long as you get and keep receipts for the government fees, ie 2,000 baht, 1,900 baht etc then there is no problem down the line.

Provided any future investigations do not include reviewing past submissions, under suspicion of, for example, faked-financials - then yes. 

But if there is a strong "bad guys out" wind blowing at that time, I could see them checking to see that past-applicants had submitted all the correct documents, had done proper seasoning if using bank-accounts, etc.

I understand there are many cases at several offices where "not using an agent" for some services is impossible, or nearly so.  My advice is simply to cover all your bases, so that if your agent is caught doing something improper (with other applicants), your paperwork shows you did not participate in that activity.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Thanks 1

Great tip, and since i meet all financial requirements i will make sure to submit everything that is needed and keep copies. 

The requirements are not that high anyway, not sure how it is in other countries but the monthly needs to be "only" 65k Baht.