Why Cambodia Real Estate is Asia’s Best Value Play

geovalin

Cambodia, a small nation of just under 16 million people, probably isn’t the first place you’d consider buying property in.

In fact, thoughts of genocide and the Khmer Rouge might enter your mind first when “Cambodia” is mentioned. That’s almost certainly the case if you aren’t familiar with the nation or its recent history of growth.

While this country in the heart of Southeast Asia certainly had its problems, more than two decades have passed since the Khmer Rouge era. Cambodia is now open for business, developing rapidly, and has one of Asia’s best property markets.

Today, we’ll go over several metrics including rental yields, comparative analysis with other Asian markets, along with wider economic fundamentals. Hopefully you’ll understand why we’re bullish on Cambodia real estate by the end of this article.

read more https://www.investasian.com/blog/cambodia-real-estate-best-value/

On 12/19/2017 at 1:04 PM, 4737 Carlin said:

Everyone I know who owns property here is desperately trying to get rid of it. The properties are also way overpriced and poorer quality compared to Thailand. Cambodia, an already lousy place to live, is going downhill - this article is BS.

My feelings exactly - me n my Lady went to Cambodia for a few weeks to scope it out -  it was a shitole in 97-99 when we lived there and is still a shitole.  Yes, a lot of construction going on, sign of prosperity??  I think not, they build, build, build but don't have enough drinking water for the local  population, electricity turned off often - to save electricity!!.  Sisowath is full of garbage, despite being cleaned all the time, I know people in Cambodia selling their places to anyone coming close to their price.

Oh its a great place to live, if you are destitute, like drinking beer all day for .50 cents a botttle and don't mind bathing only 3 times a week.  and there are no shortages of crazy foreigners running around.   Hun Sen can have it, I'll stay in Thailand and Vietnam thank you.