How to imports used Vehicle into Thailand

2 hours ago, LammyTS1 said:

Thanks M1Tanker,

Lots of great info. Have read some of it & will spend more time reading the rest.

All my scooters are well over 10 years old so would receive the 70% discount meaning 34% tax to pay?

Only allowed 1 vehicle unfortunately, so would have to choose just one.

As to accepting the value of the bike, it states Parker’s price guide. Have googled Parker’s but cannot find an age range they provide. I entered the reg no of one of my bikes but not recognised. Two of them are over 40 years old so doubt Parker’s would provide a value.
Would I pay 34% of zero value?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

LammyTS1,  I recommend contacting Thai Customs.  The link previously provided has the contact information.  Ask them.  Additionally, if you have a vintage scooter, such as a vintage Vespa, then I suggest searching for Thai clubs for your vintage make.

1 hour ago, Lancashirelad said:

M1T I am surprised that you also needed an import licence as well as a permit. I would have thought a licence only applies if you wish to import multiple vehicles?

Lancashirelad,  That is an interesting point.  I don't have a good answer for you.

When I embarked on my effort to see whether or not I could import my motorcycle and if it was even feasible, I checked a number of Thai expat forums, including this forum, as well as English speaking Thai motorcycle forums. Not a single reply that I received was from someone that actually imported a motorcycle or even attempted it.  All responses provided 3rd hand information or anecdotal information.  I received no replies from someone that actually imported a motorcycle or even attempted it.  I also could find no posts of someone with actual experience.  Most posts or replies were not even based on facts.

I contacted the respective Thai government agencies and followed the instructions provided.  I didn't challenge what they instructed when I had no basis but I did challenge them as to whether or not they were going to adhere to published law/policy.

6 hours ago, M1Tanker said:

Lancashirelad,  That is an interesting point.  I don't have a good answer for you.

When I embarked on my effort to see whether or not I could import my motorcycle and if it was even feasible, I checked a number of Thai expat forums, including this forum, as well as English speaking Thai motorcycle forums. Not a single reply that I received was from someone that actually imported a motorcycle or even attempted it.  All responses provided 3rd hand information or anecdotal information.  I received no replies from someone that actually imported a motorcycle or even attempted it.  I also could find no posts of someone with actual experience.  Most posts or replies were not even based on facts.

I contacted the respective Thai government agencies and followed the instructions provided.  I didn't challenge what they instructed when I had no basis but I did challenge them as to whether or not they were going to adhere to published law/policy.

worth to try i think..if you want to spend the rest of your life in Thailand , thanks again M1Tanker