Alternatives to tiling ??

luudee

Hi Guys !

I am remodeling a bathroom, and thinking to not tile the walls. The reason is that I simply can not find somebody who will do s a decent job.

So I am looking for suggestions, what alternatives do I have ?  Oil-based wall paint ?  Anything else I can do to make it look nice and it being simple to implement ?

Thanks !

rudi

7 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Personally, I would keep looking for a decent tiler.

There's really nice looking tile available here!

Stained concrete is an awesome alternative, but I don't think it's caught on here yet. Not something you'd want to try yourself without experience.

I don't think there's anything to beat tiles in the really wet area of the room (shower cubicle), but we had many bathrooms in the UK where the rest of the room was just good quality "washable" emulsion paint.

Could be issues with mould here due to the heat of course, but there are mould-resistant paints readily available.

I have spoken elsewhere of using 2 part epoxy paint for wet areas.

Maybe regular paint with an epoxy clear coat.

You could do artwork of some sort. I'm considering it.

No dirty grout lines.

I think it won't discolour unless in direct sunlight a little yellowing over time which next to cement finish wouldn't matter may even look good.

I know Jotun makes the stuff......in CM i think they're near Suriwong Book Centre now.

Would be very interested if smaller cans are available as it's expensive. (but still may be cheap compared to tile)

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with chickenslegs, using marine paint or pool paint is a good option. Pool Master is a very good company. That's where I get my pool chlorinators and other supplies. I believe they also offer pool paints. Pool paint can be easily applied and no need to tile. Let us know how it goes. Cheers. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...