Immigration loves you as Bangkok's finest get all "lovey-dovey" at Khao San road

webfact

Immigration loves you as Bangkok's finest get all "lovey-dovey" at Khao San road

7pm.jpg

Picture: INN

A big show of police force at Khao San Road last night was designed to show the love and leave tourists feeling all fuzzy inside.

INN news said that a Christmas and New Year crime suppression campaign was billed as...wait for it....

"Love at First Sight...by Immigration".

Leading the message of love for tourists was immigration bigwig Sutthipong Wongpin who joined forces with 137 officers from tourist police, crime and drug suppression agencies and even anti human trafficking cops.

Placards were displayed and leaflets with the festive message of love were handed out encouraging the tourists and the Thai public to work with the authorities and help make Thailand a safe and crime free haven for all.

After assurances were given to the public from the stage the chief and his entourage went to spread the message of love all down one of Thailand and Bangkok's most famous tourist streets.

Expect more shows of affection as the authorities open their arms to tourism under the "Amazing Thailand Tourism Year 2018" banner throughout next year.

Source: INN

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-21

"Leading the message of love for tourists was immigration bigwig Sutthipong Wongpin who joined forces with 137 officers from tourist police, crime and drug suppression agencies and even anti human trafficking cops."

PR can be done by a handful of people.  That means that 130 cops weren't on the job that night.  Think about it. 

If spreading the love... Pass the message on the sour faced shameful staff at Jomtiem immigration. While i sat with some utterly charmless poe faced excuse for a female, i watched as some elderly guy trying to work out where to go and where to pick up a ticket while some little oink barked at him!!!.. Shame on the lot you!.. Give you a uniform and you think you deserve respect!?..It has to be earned AND without Mr Falang man they would have no job!!!..

Land of smiles?... Seriously!!!??

55 minutes ago, marrmrrs said:

If spreading the love... Pass the message on the sour faced shameful staff at Jomtiem immigration. While i sat with some utterly charmless poe faced excuse for a female, i watched as some elderly guy trying to work out where to go and where to pick up a ticket while some little oink barked at him!!!.. Shame on the lot you!.. Give you a uniform and you think you deserve respect!?..It has to be earned AND without Mr Falang man they would have no job!!!..

I do very little posting now but I have to give an opinion on this post.

In the eight or nine years I have been a member of Thaivisa, this is the best post I have read yet, and every word is so true.

Well said marrmrrs :thumbsup:

On 21/12/2017 at 5:22 PM, marrmrrs said:

Yes. Spent most of a day at Chaengwattana immigration . Revealed much about Thai efficiency (i.e. Lack of that is) and very  belligerent attitude towards their customers. Serious deficiencies in most Thai Government systems. (No to mention the Banks. OMG!)

Sorry if I have slipped off topic.