Non imm OA and O visa question

Hello

I have an non imm multi entry OA visa which I received in Sydney when I applied for a "retirement visa" . My wife applied for a "non thai dependant spouse visa" and was issued with a non imm multi entry O visa. I am guessing that when we enter the Kingdom, I will be allowed a 12 month stay having to report every 90 days?  I am not sure what the implication of the "O" visa is for my wife. Will she be allowed the same length stay or will her entry only for be for 90 days? Will she have to report to immigration every 90 days the same as me?

Thanks for any replies 

You will get 1 year and need to report every 90 days.

Your wife will get 90 days and will have to exit/re-enter at the end of 90 days. No reports necessary. Alternatively, towards the end of any 90 day permit to stay, your wife can apply for an extension of stay, at immigration, as your wife. She would then be given permission to stay for the remainder of your 1 year permit to stay. She would then need to report every 90 days.

On arriving your wife will be 'stamped in' for 90 days. Check the stamp when the passport is handed back to her, it has been known for the IO to make a mistake and stamp only 30. See photo of corrected stamp. The stamp should have Non-O written on it by the IO.

She should also be able to extend those 90 days by another 60 days at your local Imm' office making it 5 months before she has to exit and re-enter Thailand.

During the week before the 'enter by date' if she exits and enters Thailand again she will get another 90 days making almost fifteen months. That last 90 can be extended by 60 days again at your local office getting almost 17 months total on her 1 year multi entry.

Each 60 day extention costs 1900 baht.

20171222_082551.jpg

Edited by overherebc
Adding photo.

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

During the week before the 'enter by date' if she exits and enters Thailand again she will get another 90 days making almost fifteen months. That last 90 can be extended by 60 days again at your local office getting almost 17 months total on her 1 year multi entry.

Each 60 day extention costs 1900 baht.

She will not need to do that. She can get a extension based upon her husbands OA visa entry.

The 60 day extension is only possible if a person is married to a Thai or is a parent of a Thai.

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Thanks, didn't know that but do now.

?

I reckon if the OP and his wife don't intend to do any travelling around then a conversion to extension on the Non-O is best.

If they intend to visit any other countries then keeping the original multi O is better as each time on return to Thailand it's gets 90 days. Another out/in just before the enter by date also gets 90 days so it lasts 15 months, nearly.

To OP sorry for the bum steer on the 60 day thing.

On 12/22/2017 at 8:29 AM, ubonjoe said:

She will not need to do that. She can get a extension based upon her husbands OA visa entry.

The 60 day extension is only possible if a person is married to a Thai or is a parent of a Thai.

I tried to do this in Phuket as I am married to a Thai and also have a child who is Thai.  However they said they can only give me 7 days which I know isn't correct? I even had my wife call and they  also told her 7 days only even after explaining the situation.

Should I visit them with marriage certs, birth certs or what can I do to show them that indeed I should get 60 days extension on a one year non O? Is there a document in Thai and or English I can show to immigration that indeed confirms the 60 day extension?

1 hour ago, steelepulse said:

I tried to do this in Phuket as I am married to a Thai and also have a child who is Thai.  However they said they can only give me 7 days which I know isn't correct? I even had my wife call and they  also told her 7 days only even after explaining the situation.

Should I visit them with marriage certs, birth certs or what can I do to show them that indeed I should get 60 days extension on a one year non O? Is there a document in Thai and or English I can show to immigration that indeed confirms the 60 day extension?

Wife has to go with you. Original of mar' cert' plus copy, house book or proof where you're staying, TM6 plus copy and copy of your last report receipt where you stay ( TM 30/TM28 thingy receipt ) that should be in the back of your passport plus copy and 1900 baht in your sweaty mit.

Don't forget big cheesy smile.

Edit

Adding photo of the stamp you get

20171227_125159.jpg

Edited by overherebc
Adding photo.

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Wife has to go with you. Original of mar' cert' plus copy, house book or proof where you're staying, TM6 plus copy and copy of your last report receipt where you stay ( TM 30/TM28 thingy receipt ) that should be in the back of your passport plus copy and 1900 baht in your sweaty mit.

Don't forget big cheesy smile.

Thanks. 

17 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Thanks. 

Added photo of the 60 day extension.

Remember this does not work on an extension of stay, ( doing 90 day reports to Imm' ) only on each 90 day stamp when you exit/return Thailand on a multi entry Non 0 .

Edited by overherebc

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Added photo of the 60 day extension.

Remember this does not work on an extension of stay, ( doing 90 day reports to Imm' ) only on each 90 day stamp when you exit/return Thailand on a multi entry Non 0 .

Are you sure about that?  

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

It does. Any permit to stay can be extended by 60 days. But you can only do it once per entry into the country.

24 minutes ago, TerryLH said:

Are you sure about that?  

They are wrong.

21 minutes ago, elviajero said:

It does. Any permit to stay can be extended by 60 days. But you can only do it once per entry into the country.

They are wrong.

My info is that it's limited to people married to a Thai or parent who can be granted the 60 day extension to continue visiting/staying with them.

One of the reasons for knowing the difference between a visa and an extension of stay.

If on an extension of stay there is no need to leave and re-enter every 90 days so no need to apply for the extension, just do a 90 day report.

Edited by overherebc

14 minutes ago, overherebc said:

My info is that it's limited to people married to a Thai or parent who can be granted the 60 day extension to continue visiting/staying with them.

One of the reasons for knowing the difference between a visa and an extension of stay.

If on an extension of stay there is no need to leave and re-enter every 90 days so no need to apply for the extension, just do a 90 day report.

It is limited to either parents or spouses of a Thai. But it doesn’t matter what visa they entered with or current permit to stay they have. A husband that entered with a Tourist Visa can extend by 60 days, and so can a husband coming to the end of a 1 year extension of stay. 

If someone gets to the end of a 1 year extension they could take a 60 day extension, and then go for another 1 year extension at the end of the 60 days. It’s useful if they can’t meet the requirements at the time of renewal. The only restriction is one 60 day extension per new entry to the country.

36 minutes ago, elviajero said:

It is limited to either parents or spouses of a Thai. But it doesn’t matter what visa they entered with or current permit to stay they have. A husband that entered with a Tourist Visa can extend by 60 days, and so can a husband coming to the end of a 1 year extension of stay. 

If someone gets to the end of a 1 year extension they could take a 60 day extension, and then go for another 1 year extension at the end of the 60 days. It’s useful if they can’t meet the requirements at the time of renewal. The only restriction is one 60 day extension per new entry to the country.

Unless your local office decides differently.

??

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

The main point being it's limited to married to a Thai or parent of a Thai, not a single guy who is is on an extension for work or a retiree on an extension.