Three killed as pickup rams into tree

rooster59

Three killed as pickup rams into tree

By The Nation

A pickup truck lost control and crashed into a roadside tree in Loei province early Saturday, killing a couple and their relative and injuring three others.

Police said the accident happened at 2am on the Erawan-Pha Sambon Road in Tambon Pha-in Plaeng, Erawan district.

When police and rescuers arrived at the scene, they found the dead couple trapped inside the vehicle while the bodies of four passengers, who were travelling on the back of the pickup, were flung on the road.

One of the passengers, Pinij Chartwiwat, died on the way to a hospital.

The pickup was driven by Surasak Sakotewan, 22. He and his wife, Chophakar Laorapa, 24, who was in the front passenger seat, were killed inside the pickup.

Police learned from their relatives that the couple and their four relatives were travelling home after doing business in another province.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30334632

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-12-23

You cant make driving at night illegal.

I am just happy they hit a tree and not another car.
I meant back of the pick up. And whilst only one is dead the others in back would have sustained terrible injury and you never hear of the ones dying in hospital.

I feel sorry for the passenger in the cab but the driver gets no sympathy

I've just finished reading about two killed ramming into the back of truck, now this. I am saddened by all this road carnage in Thailand surely most of it is so unnecessary. Some thought for others on the road, driving according to conditions, stopping and getting out then taking a few deep breaths if feeling tired (as an example) and so on. Yes, there will always be the odd accident but here things seem to be getting out of hand. Such a shame because driving in Thailand could be such a pleasure.

6 hours ago, TKDfella said:

I've just finished reading about two killed ramming into the back of truck, now this. I am saddened by all this road carnage in Thailand surely most of it is so unnecessary. Some thought for others on the road, driving according to conditions, stopping and getting out then taking a few deep breaths if feeling tired (as an example) and so on. Yes, there will always be the odd accident but here things seem to be getting out of hand. Such a shame because driving in Thailand could be such a pleasure.

I have no problem driving in Thailand.

Drive according to the conditions, drive as the locals do (and be aware of that ) and drive to survive......never had a problem.

Mind you a truck coming at me on its side may be something I'm totally unprepared for and I could kiss my arse goodbye.

Shit happens

Edited by tryasimight

The good news is that the new Tourism Minister has the solution! And that other Government departments/agencies will learn from. NOT.

Sad to continuously read about the needless road deaths so often. I agree with 'tryasimight' (Post #12) said "Drive according to the conditions..and drive to survive..." (edited).

16 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Hey they got plan 777 in force Cant see why this is happening can you? Those plans are such a wonderful idea its a pity they have not got a police force who can back it up  I have a guess here  what happened  Speeding, Fall asleep at wheel, drunk driving, Texting on mobile, Baldy Tyres, Take your pick all are quiet common here

1 hour ago, Happyman58 said:

Hey they got plan 777 in force Cant see why this is happening can you? Those plans are such a wonderful idea its a pity they have not got a police force who can back it up  I have a guess here  what happened  Speeding, Fall asleep at wheel, drunk driving, Texting on mobile, Baldy Tyres, Take your pick all are quiet common here

Yep, that's about it, I guess. Being No.1 in the world now I suppose they want to make sure they stay there.

11 hours ago, tryasimight said:

I have no problem driving in Thailand.

Drive according to the conditions, drive as the locals do (and be aware of that ) and drive to survive......never had a problem.

Mind you a truck coming at me on its side may be something I'm totally unprepared for and I could kiss my arse goodbye.

Shit happens

Well, I don't have much problem driving here either but I've been hit several times when I've been stationary at the traffic lights :smile:. One motorbike swerved to the position in front of me, the rider fell off and dented the bonnet. At the same traffic lights, a doctor in his Merc hit and dented the rear. He was drunk. Another time....Do you think fate was trying to tell me something?:laugh:

2 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Well, I don't have much problem driving here either but I've been hit several times when I've been stationary at the traffic lights :smile:. One motorbike swerved to the position in front of me, the rider fell off and dented the bonnet. At the same traffic lights, a doctor in his Merc hit and dented the rear. He was drunk. Another time....Do you think fate was trying to tell me something?:laugh:

Ask did the cops do anything with the drunk driver/ Or was it just a big laugh and on your way doc?

19 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Ask did the cops do anything with the drunk driver/ Or was it just a big laugh and on your way doc?

Your question... answer, no they didn't. This happened several years ago at around mid day if memory serves. It was (still is) a busy junction on a ring road so as both cars were able to drive I suggested we pull over on vacant corner. The Doctor agreed. I pulled over and he sped on but I did have his car registration number by this time but I hadn't got a witness. I reported it but nothing happened. I told my insurance company and they told me they would look into it. I took the car in for repair at an insurance approved garage. Although the insurance paid the bill I still had the inconvenience of not having my car. I heard nothing more but I did find out where the doctor worked because my Thai wife was a nurse and I saw the Merc park in the hospital grounds. She approached him but he denied the whole thing and as I didn't have a witness I didn't go any further. Put it down to experience but for damage to my car after that I took pictures too, Ha!:smile:

On 12/24/2017 at 3:56 PM, TKDfella said:

Dunno...was that in Bangkok or another big city? Shit happens...but you were safe and that is the important thing

21 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Your question... answer, no they didn't. This happened several years ago at around mid day if memory serves. It was (still is) a busy junction on a ring road so as both cars were able to drive I suggested we pull over on vacant corner. The Doctor agreed. I pulled over and he sped on but I did have his car registration number by this time but I hadn't got a witness. I reported it but nothing happened. I told my insurance company and they told me they would look into it. I took the car in for repair at an insurance approved garage. Although the insurance paid the bill I still had the inconvenience of not having my car. I heard nothing more but I did find out where the doctor worked because my Thai wife was a nurse and I saw the Merc park in the hospital grounds. She approached him but he denied the whole thing and as I didn't have a witness I didn't go any further. Put it down to experience but for damage to my car after that I took pictures too, Ha!:smile:

That is so wrong  The cops were the let down  as usual But these doctors here can get away with murder ass hole he is

Everybody says they will look into it but the brown envelope stops all that quickly You would of told the cops they would of rang and this how the conversation would of went between them and doc " Good Morning doctor Sgt Hu Hin here making an enquiry about an accident this stupid farang reported  He claims you were drunk and you ran into the  back of his car Is that true you and were drunk when you hit him? Doc replies   Sgt  i am a doctor and a upstanding citizen and he is a stupid farang Who you believe me or him? I not do that what he claims and also there bit fat envelope for you if the case is closed Have a good day sgt  

3 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

That is so wrong  The cops were the let down  as usual But these doctors here can get away with murder ass hole he is

Everybody says they will look into it but the brown envelope stops all that quickly You would of told the cops they would of rang and this how the conversation would of went between them and doc " Good Morning doctor Sgt Hu Hin here making an enquiry about an accident this stupid farang reported  He claims you were drunk and you ran into the  back of his car Is that true you and were drunk when you hit him? Doc replies   Sgt  i am a doctor and a upstanding citizen and he is a stupid farang Who you believe me or him? I not do that what he claims and also there bit fat envelope for you if the case is closed Have a good day sgt  

Yep, you're probably right, Ha!