Cyberknife?

tigerbeer

Hi,

A close friend has been diagnosed with rectum cancer and is currently undergoing chemo at a hospital in India. He is Malaysian but for I don't understand what reason does not want treatment in Malaysia. Might be the cost of it all. He has asked me to find out if there is an Oncology center in Thailand that performs a procedure called Cyberknife? Apparently its a non invasive procedure. If anyone could assist in some information, I would be very grateful. 

Its more logical to do the treatment in Thailand rather than India according to him. 

The only place in Thailand with it, AFAIK, is  Ramithibodhi Hospital and and  I do not know if they have any experience using it in rectal cancers. In fact I am not sure how much experience they have had with it, period.

This is a government hospital and he would nto be able to get it on demand. He would have to see one of their radiation oncologists who would decide if it is appropriate to his case. Waits and red tape will be not inconsiderable.

As I assume your friend knows, it is not a surgical technical nor an alternative to surgery as such. It is a form of radiation therapy.

India is usually well ahead of Thailand in adaptation of new therapies/techniques and also far less expensive, in both instances thanks to having such a larger patient population.

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The only place in Thailand with it, AFAIK, is  Ramithibodhi Hospital and and  I do not know if they have any experience using it in rectal cancers. In fact I am not sure how much experience they have had with it, period.

This is a government hospital and he would nto be able to get it on demand. He would have to see one of their radiation oncologists who would decide if it is appropriate to his case. Waits and red tape will be not inconsiderable.

As I assume your friend knows, it is not a surgical technical nor an alternative to surgery as such. It is a form of radiation therapy.

India is usually well ahead of Thailand in adaptation of new therapies/techniques and also far less expensive, in both instances thanks to having such a larger patient population.

thank you for your reply. it is priceless information.