Heading out of town? Take care out there.

Crossy

For those heading out of BKK for the long weekend. The roads north are already busy (it was pretty busy yesterday) and can only get worse, Friday will be chaos.

Also the drizzle has made the roads somewhat "slidey" in places and the rain, not being heavy, isn't encouraging the traffic to slow down.

Be safe out there people. Arrive Alive!

I just spent a few hours on some major roads in our province and was surprised to no police on the roads trying to enforce laws in order to keep people safe.  No radar guns seen.  No stops for breathalyzers.  Nothing.  On a secondary road, I did run across about 20 policemen all standing around checking if you've paid your car registration taxes and have the proper sticker on the window.  Now that kind of checking should really keep down the death toll on these 7 days of the New Year holidays.

On 27/12/2017 at 7:17 PM, Thian said:

We went out this time of the year 2 years ago, spent hours and hours in traffic jam.

So now we stay home, BKK is not busy and it's the best time of the year to discover BKK!

I left Silom for the airport at 6pm many years ago and managed to travel about two miles in four hours before exiting and heading back to the Holiday Inn, for the night - my UK based wife wouldn't believe a word of it but it's quite true.