"It's not just women molested on the BTS" - man posts video of "straying hand"

webfact

"It's not just women molested on the BTS" - man posts video of "straying hand"

4pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A man has posted videos of incidents on Bangkok's sky train system that he claimed showed a passenger trying to place their hand on his crotch.

Wichunan Khunthong said on Facebook: "Don't assume women are the only ones who are touched up. Men are victims too".

Thai Rath discovered that the incidents happened to the poster's "elder brother" on the Sukhumvit line between Siam and Mor Chit stations early in the morning.

Before the victim started filming he claimed that the other passenger had moved his hand to his crotch. He moved out of the way slightly but the other man moved over too.

When he started filming and the other man realized he moved away to try it on with other people, he claimed.

Thai Rath said in their headline: "Men watch out!"

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-28

I call BS on that. The first video shows nothing at all. In the second video, the person filming deliberately moves his right leg forward a bit as though he was trying to make contact with the other guys hand.

There is a better chance that a "straying hand" touching a man in such a situation is either purely incidental (they are on a moving platform after all) or it was possibly a pickpocket trying to see if he could lift that (wallet ?) from the front pocket of the guy filming.

I felt a "straying hand" on time as I was walking along a crowded sidewalk by a local market. I immediately dropped one bag and grabbed at the hand. It was knuckles deep in my front pocket when I grabbed it and pulled it out (it was no coincidence that my wallet was in that pocket). The guy (in his Eastern European accent) protested that it was just an accident and held up what looked like a kids plastic change purse as if to say "look, I already have wallet, why I try to take yours".  There was nothing I could do so I let the guy go. (I also realized that he had a partner who was now behind me but when I let the guy go they both quickly dashed off out of sight.)

the article is correct: something similar to this happened to me,

both during songkran, conducted by thai men i had never seen before,

disguised as a polite gesture to powder my balls.

it has also happened to me several times in various go-go bars,

by woman i only vaguely recognize 

2 hours ago, poanoi said:

the article is correct: something similar to this happened to me,

both during songkran, conducted by thai men i had never seen before,

disguised as a polite gesture to powder my balls.

it has also happened to me several times in various go-go bars,

by woman i only vaguely recognize 

I don’t care if I recognise them or not. Any genuine woman wishing to do anything with my nuts is most welcome, provided it gives us both a lift! LoL

4 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I was expecting the line "Is that a packet of Marlborough in your pocket or are you just glad to see me!"

maybe? it was a:

"Lucky Strike" 

or a "WinField"  (win feeled)

1 hour ago, Tradewind777 said:

I don’t care if I recognise them or not. Any genuine woman wishing to do anything with my nuts is most welcome, provided it gives us both a lift! LoL

This is a true story. Some years ago I was staying at a fairly dubious (but inexpensive) hotel in Macau when my usual place was full.  I did notice that there were the odd couple of girls wandering around the foyer but didn't take much notice.  Anyway one night when arriving back at the hotel and getting in the lift a young lady followed me in.  Once the doors closed she came straight over me and put her hand on my crutch saying "me Hungry".  Turned out that was the only "English" she spoke and it took us some time in my room deciding what to order from room service.

14 hours ago, dunroaming said:

This is a true story. Some years ago I was staying at a fairly dubious (but inexpensive) hotel in Macau when my usual place was full.  I did notice that there were the odd couple of girls wandering around the foyer but didn't take much notice.  Anyway one night when arriving back at the hotel and getting in the lift a young lady followed me in.  Once the doors closed she came straight over me and put her hand on my crutch saying "me Hungry".  Turned out that was the only "English" she spoke and it took us some time in my room deciding what to order from room service.

Molesting guys in the elevator is just a sales tactic- one of many.  The first thing I do after checking into a Chinese hotel is to disconnect the phone, lest I risk being woken at all hours by "I am China Girl, I'm beautiful, you want me?"

It's not as bad today as it was 10-15 years ago (neither are the hotels as bad as they were back then).   But I still disconnect the phone...

Archived